South Carolina-Charleston

Rehearsal Dinner Help!!

Hello All! I am looking on some direction or advise on rehearsal dinner options... my future mother in law has offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner but she is in New York so she wanted us to give her direction, etc... everywhere/everything we've looked into has been way more than I want to ask her to spend... especially on a rehearsal dinner. Ideally we just want space. our ideal rehearsal dinner would be relaxed with pizza, wings and beer. We looked into renting a boat and it was more than we wanted to spend and we've looked into some of the restaurants downtown and they are also out of our budget. Any advise on budget friendly rehearsal dinner locations would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help!!

• New Moon on Johns Island has a private space for groups and they have killer wings and pizza! Another one to try would be Mellow Mushroom although I'm not sure they would have a large space.
  • I just booked Southend Brewery in Downtown Charleston for a welcome happy hour (to replace a typical rehearsal party!) They have 2 event rooms in the upper floors, the Wagnear room (which we rented) has pool tables, darts, and TVs for entertainment.  If over 20 ppl the space is FREE!!!! even under 20 is super cheap like a $50 fee!  Food is good and they craft their own beer! view website for more details...

• Both are wonderful ideas! I had no idea Southend Brewery was so reasonable! I guess I shouldn't have assumed! Do they have an event minimum?? I am sending an email so I am sure they will give me all the details but just figured I'd ask since you're already working with them!
    Thanks again for the help!!
  • Yea it's took a lil research!!! But No minimum! We keep the apps easy with the veggie fruit cheese platters, spinach dip, and the tanapede/hummus platter. That totaled less than 400. Then we plan to have open bar and crossing fingers to end the night around 1k! Hopefully it doesn't stray to far lol!
  • pgladypglady member
    First Comment
    Laura Alberts on Daniel's Island is amazing.  I've eaten here several times for either lunch or brunch - each time the food and service was great. However, I had them host my son's rehearsal dinner last week and they exceeded my expectations in every way. They made this so easy for me. We had the restaurant to ourselves and used the courtyard for the rehearsal. The food was delicious. The decor was so elegant and the staff could not have been better. My son was so pleased and said the night couldn't have been better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_rehearsal-dinner-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:ecaf0d8f-7a74-4e61-add7-1599b64a5e98Post:05da838b-75d2-4fde-b4b0-5648a9447c18">Rehearsal Dinner Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All! I am looking on some direction or advise on rehearsal dinner options... my future mother in law has offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner but she is in New York so she wanted us to give her direction, etc... everywhere/everything we've looked into has been way more than I want to ask her to spend... especially on a rehearsal dinner. Ideally we just want space. our ideal rehearsal dinner would be relaxed with pizza, wings and beer. We looked into renting a boat and it was more than we wanted to spend and we've looked into some of the restaurants downtown and they are also out of our budget. Any advise on budget friendly rehearsal dinner locations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
    Posted by AshTim20[/QUOTE]

Very great food. STICKY FINGERS. Meeting St. Charleston, SC.  They will rent you the whole upstairs in private. Not sure how many it will seat, but the food is to die for!! It simply makes your mouth smile!!
  • There is a cool place called Reds and it's on shems creek, very low key- and it is on the water and you can watch dolphins its pretty, cheap and fun! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards