California-Bay Area

wedding invites!

hey all! just wanted to see what the poll was regarding DIY invites vs. having someone else do them for you.... i haven't done too much research yet....but what's the general cost for invites?

Re: wedding invites!

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing DIY and spent about $100 on the invites.  I also spent about the same on the programs and an additional $50 on the matching STDs.  That doesn't account for ink though.  I think I spent $60 on ink for the STDs because at first I bought the wrong cartridge...ha!  The DIY sets I bought were all from Michaels.  It's nice that they always accept exchanges too.  Because I got placecards and then they came out with cuter ones now a year later and I can just exchange them since I have my reciept even though it's been a year!

Oh and I spent another $15 on ribbon for the STDs so I'm sure I'll need to buy a bit more for the invites too!
  • edited December 2011

that's awesome you're doing your own invites! i'll have to check out michaels for sure :) thanks for the info!

• edited December 2011
    a bit late getting to this.... i did all my invites myself and bought all the supplies from paper source. they have everything you'll ever need and they have a lot of samples for ideas. PIB of my invites.

as for cost- i made 100 for less than $100. if i had paid, it would have been at least $400.
  • edited December 2011
    i purchased my invites from michaels with a 40% coupon off and I would go in once a week and buy a box at a time with the coupon, so it saved me a bunch. All I have to do is print them and since my mom works from home my ink will cost me $0. So overall I spent about $60 on my invites
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also likely getting my paper from paper source. I have a friend who is designing for me and still has to get back to me about printing costs, but estimating around $100 before printing/folding. We'll see....I'll update again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards