California-Bay Area

Piedmont Community Hall?

Has anyone been to a wedding at the Piedmont Community Hall?  I recently saw this place, and thought it was beautiful.  I have concerns on where they have the ceremony, and having all the guest eat outdoors......

Re: Piedmont Community Hall?

• edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings at the Piedmont community center and they have been really beautiful. The weddings were both in the summer so having the ceremony and reception outdoors wasn't an issue. The decorations were so beautiful with strings of lights everywhere to create a very romantic feel. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I think it's our top choice, I find that I keep comparing every other reception site to it :-)
  • edited December 2011

I posted this awhile ago to another bride's same question:

Try the Exedra Plaza (it has a really pretty fountain) for your ceremony, and the space in front of the Community Center for eating, with the reception dancing inside Piedmont Community Center. There also is a tiny amphitheatre behind the Community Center. I've heard good things about the woman who usually is on site helping. Apparently the Japanese Tea House isn't a great value, though.

If you want an indoor wedding, you could probably make something of the Piedmont Veterans Building, also across the street (but in the other direction). It's certainly better than a hotel ballroom.

The park is truly beautiful, but keep in mind that the world will be VERY much "with you." As in, you'll have parents pushing strollers with noisy babies on the way to the little sand park, and there are big plastic toys behind the Community Center (if you go for the redwood tree small amphitheatre option). There will be people coming and going all over the place. Even though they have signs up saying it's a wedding, nope. People will cut through anyway. Try to go there when another wedding is taking place this year to take a look and see if you'd be okay with it.

I've been to weddings at all of these places (except the Veterans Hall, which I've been in for other things).

• edited December 2011

Here's a wedding there so you can see how they set it up. Super cute dog picture, too!

http://stevetakespictures.com/wedding/galleries/featured-weddings/featured-wedding-meg-and-andy/

• edited December 2011
    Piedmont is one of my favorite locations for a wedding- as a planner i have facilitated many events there- the staff is great and they have an open list for catering  and other vendors-  take a look at our blog- we have several posts about piedmont for more photos-

If you are considering  a "Day of Coordinator"  or need general inspiration- check out our daily blog- and services  http://www.idovenues.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards