California-Bay Area

Budget 5k ..venue advice!

Hi to everyone!
I'm looking for a wedding venue for 25 guests.
Our budget is 5k and it has to include:
-cerimony
- location Fees
- food

All the venue I contact require a VERY high location fee (2k and higher). 
Do you have some advice?

I like the idea to getting married in a state Park but there is a no-alchol policy :( 

Re: Budget 5k ..venue advice!

• Your best bet is to probably the JOP and then treat your 25 guests to dinner at a restaurant.
  • I've heard that you can married at the Sonoma Courthouse Courtyard (very pretty) with a max of about 40 people attending. You could do that and find a nice restaurant nearby.
  • I'm in Solano County, and I'm trying to do my wedding w/110 (or so) guests for less than 5k.  It's tricky, let me tell you, but I'm learning the key is to figure out what is important and what isn't important.  For example, for me, feeding my guests is more important than expensive decor or favors.

I am choosing to have my reception at my church, which is cheaper than renting out a local hall, and I'm using sites other than expensive wedding sites for things like invitations. (Check out Vista Print for example for invites, save the dates and other things of that nature.)

I also chose not to have any alcohol, as my fiancee and I don't drink, and that does help. 

As far as venues, do you have any US Military Veterans in your family? Most local veterans halls have discounts for vets and will accomodate you and you guests.  25 people on 5,000 is doable.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Memory Gardens in Monterey is part of the park system and allows alcohol as long as your caterer has an alcohol permit. and it's about $1,500 for an 8 hour rental
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards