California-Bay Area
Options

Affordable Wedding Venues in EB

I'm recently engaged and my fiance and I are looking for affordable venue locations in the East Bay.  This weekend we are going to look at wineries, but I would also like some alternatives as I have a feeling these will be a bit more pricey. 

Any suggestions-- we are hoping to have our wedding ceremony and reception in the tri-valley area- Dublin, Pleasanton, or San Ramon (or the surrounding areas).
Thanks!

Re: Affordable Wedding Venues in EB

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are actually looking at 3 venues on Tuesday in the area. Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore , Sunol Golf Course in Sunol , and San Ramon Golf Club - which Wedgewood runs and has all inclusive packages. i will definitely post with updates on what we find out and if it helps at all. Those are the top ones on our list that fit our budget and party size - approximately 70-120 people. Good luck :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    pondering_galpondering_gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our reception is at Robert Livermore Community Center, which has a beautiful banquet room. The cost was low, moreso for us because it's on a Sunday, and you bring your own caterer so you are not tied to an expensive caterer just because of the venue.

I went to Wedgewood as well, but did not care for their main room. Though they do have the packages, there is a minimum to be spent so be aware of that!

Good luck in your search! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update - We are booking Poppy Ridge for May 2011 on a Sunday and their rates are VERY reasonable. Only 900 for ceremony and 5 hours of a reception on a Sunday which we will be doing. The coordinator there is amazing as well and she offered me and FI alot of advice on local vendors , and things we could to to decorate and ideas we never thought of. Definitely worth checking out in my opinion. Sunol was overpriced for what you get and has insanely high mimumums for a much more frugal venue. San Ramon Golf Club was an instant decline since it is literally situated in the backyard of a residential area. Good luck with whatever you choose !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the brazilian room in tildon park (berkeley) looks really pretty - have a friend that got married there and they LOVED it.  i've never actually been there - but the pics are gorgie.
  • Options
    vanessae20vanessae20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Callippe Perserve Golf Course in Pleasanton. The coordinator there, Marc Valone, gave us a killer deal because he is just starting to do weddings there (he used to do weddings at Poppy Ridge).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards