California-Bay Area
Options

Brazil Room Brides

I'm getting married in the Brazil Room in July, and just wanted to see if there are any other Brazil Room brides out there.  Have you blocked off hotel rooms yet?  If so, was it in Berkeley?

Also, the Brazil Room as a rule about candle holders being at least 4" tall - has anyone actually found glass votive holders that are 4" tall?  Most seem to be 2" tall.

I'm happy to share my experiences with vendors or help by sharing info!

Re: Brazil Room Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married in the Brazil Room on September 18th. I'm SO excited. It is such a beautiful venue. Beyond that it has so much family meaning (my dad used to have his boy scout meetings and school dances there)

In regards to the candles, what a pain! I haven't found any larger votive holders, but I think I'm having candles in large hurricanes.

Who are you using for catering? DJ or band?

Yay! Another Brazil Room bride!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married there on July 10, 2010. I just gave up on trying to find candle holders and am using lanterns instead, so that the candles are fully closed off in there.

For my DJ I am using Dan Doyle with Platinum Entertainment Group.

For  Caterer I am using Schuuman's Four Seasons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah!
     I did do a block of hotels, but since I'm coming from the East Bay, the hotel I used is the Lafayette Park hotel. Although the Claremont can be good at times some of our friends that have used them have had horror stories, so be weary!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    marcimail24marcimail24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married there on July 25th, 2010. We are using Royal Raspberry for catering, The Sound Effect for band, Chestnut and Vine for flowers. I did plan on getting candles, but had not started looking yet....Could someone write in if you do find appropriate candles?

Good luck fellow brides:)

Marci

• Options
    edited December 2011

We haven't booked the Brazilian Room yeeetttt...but it is my first choice!  Its beautiful!  To those that have already booked their caterer, what is the average cost per person?  We're looking at a lower budget for the wedding and although the venue is a good price we're worried about the caterer being expensive

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards