California-Bay Area

Good hotels for guests?

I'm looking for a good hotel in San Francisco to book my out-of-town guests at.  It will be early summer, so everything seems really expensive.  I'm looking for something of good quality, around $100-130 per night if I book a group of rooms, and in a safe and interesting neighborhood like Ghirardelli Square.  Suggestions?

Re: Good hotels for guests?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know how feasible $100-130/ night is in touristy places in SF. I'd try Holiday Inns, etc. I was able to snag a room at the Westin Downtown for less than $100, but it was an internet deal. How important is it for them to all be together? You might have better luck looking for deals online and letting your guests know as you find them?
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Mosser. It is right on fourth and market
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out hotelplanner.com to get bids from SF hotels in your price range.  One thing to keep in mind: parking at some of the downtown hotels is ridiculously expensive, up to $60/day, so make sure you ask about parking and factor that in when you make recommendations to your guests.
  • CarlyGalCarlyGal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Argonaut is lovely and Ghirardelli square adjacent.  My mom usually gets it on hotwire for about $100 per night so I'm not sure what the rooms regularly go for.  I would definitely give them a call.  I've stayed in the rooms and eaten and the restaurant.  Great for tourists :)
  • katmstrangekatmstrange member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hotel Nikko gave us rooms for $129/night, right in union square
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 132 Invited so far! image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 12 Will be missing out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards