California-Bay Area
Options

Low Cost Officiant? East Bay

I searched this board and haven't seen a post for officiants in the recent past so here goes.  I'm looking for a non-religous officiant (no monks or reverends or etc unless they agree to wear street clothes and not include mentions of God or religion) to do a short and sweet basic ceremony in Walnut Creek next May.  I've spent hours scouring the web and haven't come up with much.  I've contacted one who claimed he was affordable, but ended up quoting me a price of $550.  Another one is a bit better at $350.  I know that in California anyone can become an officiant for a day, but I don't know anyone who would actually volunteer to do this. 

Can anyone suggest anyone? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Low Cost Officiant? East Bay

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, There!
    In order to communicate with you - I had to join the site and it took soooo long to do so. Now I discover it is not an active site by what I have read from others that have posted.
    I was searching the web when I discovered this site and noticed your question.
    We were just discussing the same issue...... we do not want a religious officiant and thought we should take the course and become one ourselves. lol
    We also, do not want a unknown face in the middle of us---in our pictures.  I had seen a beautiful ceremony where it was ONLY the bride and groom and the officiant was off at the sidelines reading the vows, etc. 
    Actually, we will have our own vows and only need the officiant to pronounce "husband and wife".  If you do come across a person you like --would you mind forwarding us their information?
    We will do the same for you ....should we find one.
    I am from the San Fran area (presently near Toronto as my Groom is Canadian).
    We sort of met in Carmel....that is why the attraction for the ceremony there.
    We had strolled along the block together and entered a darling church and felt we would like the ceremony there but, it adds up to some unreasonable costs.
    Carmel has a special significance for us, but will pose difficulty for others to join us....traveling, accommodations, etc.
    We are open to a few other meaningful locations. 
    It won't be Toronto, though.
    How are your plans coming along?
    Fee free to contact us anytime.
    R&R
  • Options
    vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've finally found one that is probably as close to affordable as I'm going to get. Here's part of what they said in their email to me: 

"The Basic Ceremony is priced at $259. This assumes a location of no more than 50 round-trip miles from the closest available officiant, the performing of the ceremony as [they have] written, and email and telephone communication only. If you want to add a rehearsal, the fee is an additional $100. If you want to save money by running your own wedding rehearsal, click www.lyssabeths.com/run_your_own_wedding_rehearsal.html" target="_blank">here for a how-to."

They have other packages available too, and it's all pretty well written out on their website: www.memorableceremoniesba.com/">http://www.memorableceremoniesba.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you so much.
    I just spent time searching the web on how to become an officiant......
    Got tired....lol
    I have been searching for all related things all day.
    Almost 6 p.m. here in Canada so, time to relax for the night.
    Best to you both.

Can't tell you how much I miss Cali!

Ronnie

R&R

• Options
    vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found him!  I met with him today and he is perfect for us!  He's only charging $250 because our ceremony is in the same town where he resides and we only want the basic, simple, short and sweet wording in the ceremony.  He really clicked well with my groom which was sooooo important to me.  So....he's IT!

He doesn't have a web site because this is a side job for him, he's a high school teacher "by day".  But here is his Craigslist posting:

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards