California-Bay Area
Options

Back and married- who's up next?

Hi Ladies!
I'm back and married!
Everything was amazing- I updated my bio with some non-pro pics. :)

Who's getting married next?

Re: Back and married- who's up next?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more. 
    How did everything go? Any words of advice?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It went really well. I honestly tried to go in with low expectations, just so I didn't get my hopes up or anything. My advice- just go with it. If something goes wrong, there's nothing you can do to change it and it'll be something you can laugh at later.

It was 86 degrees on our wedding day and we had an outside ceremony where only half of it was covered (and none of it was covered for the wedding party!) One of our GMs was complaining about taking pictures because it was too hot (our photog did a great job of trying to find shady spots), but I just tuned him out. Don't need any complaining. :)

During the ceremony, my obnoxiously long veil kept moving around in front of me and over to DH. I tried to put it behind me, but after a while I gave up. My mom told me later that she kept seeing me and DH laughing to each other because it was moving. lol. My advice would be to get a shorter veil. But if you HAVE to have a long one, definitely don't wear it for pictures. We took off-site photos and it was enough of a hassle to get my train in and out of the car, I don't know what I'd to if I had worn my veil. :)

If you're doing a choreographed first dance, practice with your dress or crinny or something long and poofy. We didn't account for my dress and DH kept stepping on the front of my gown. We took dance lessons to learn the foxtrot and he worked so hard, so this was kind of a bummer for him. But everyone said we did a wonderful job and they didn't notice.

Keep track of your marriage license or give it to the officiant BEFORE the ceremony. I had it in a box with other wedding stuff and someone setting up for the ceremony took the box, so I had no idea where it went. We eventually found it and our pastor signed it before he left and we ended up signing it much later in the evening. It all worked out, but for a bit I was concerned that we'd have to apply for a new one the next day!

All in all, we had a great time. Something that surprised me: there was a brawl during my bouquet toss! Girls were on the floor fighting over it. hehe. :)
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Mrs. Riva!  You look beautiful! 

And now I'm convinced about the shorter veil.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I loved how your cake turned out!
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! :) Congrats!!

I can't wait... 27 more days :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards