California-Bay Area
Options

Wedding Planner?

I'd post on the Napa board, but no one is ever there. FI and I are planning a wine country wedding from 2,500 miles away and are considering a wedding planner. To me this seems like a HUGE decision. I'd love some recommendations/reviews...I want the good, the bad and the ugly. I just don't know where to start. (p.s. our wedding will be somewhere in Sonoma County)

Thanks Ya'll!

Re: Wedding Planner?

• Options
    edited December 2011

My wedding is a year away and  I did not hesitate to hire a wedding planner. I have read so many blogs lately where the bride says the one thing they wish they did was hire a planner or a day of coordinator. We hired our planner for 3 meetings, the discovery meeting where we go over all the details leading up to the wedding, the rehearsal and the day of. We have a lot planned already so we didn't need a full on wedding planner.

There are things on your wedding day that you just don't want to know and it's comforting knowing that someone else will take care of whatever arrises!

We are using Amy Frugoli of Twitterpated Weddings
    Good Luck

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is a week from today, and I have a DOC who is fantastic.  She's based on the peninsula, but I'll see if she is willing/able to do weddings across the Golden Gate. If she is, you'd be in for a real treat she is highly organized and incredibly sweet, but firm with organizing vendors and protecting you; the Bride!

Having a DOC is very comforting and helpful, and for me, I think it's prob the best money spent, besides the photog.  I didn't need/want a full planner and it wasn't in my budget anyhow, but certainly get yourself a person to be in charge of running the show for the day of!

I'll send you a message on this local board after I speak with her. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Carol!!
    I have the PERFECT wedding planner for you!! 
    Jason Diavatis with Bay Area Entertainment!! I work as his assistant!!
    Please call me at 707-745-3812, you can speak with either of us!!

He has been an Event Consultant/Planner for over 18 years!! 

Can't wait to talk with you!!

Kelly Morgan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards