California-Bay Area
Options

Suggestions for wedding band or DJ for Bodega Bay wedding? Please help!

My fiance and I just decided that, despite initially cutting one out of the budget, we really want a band or DJ for our May 2011 wedding in Bodega Bay, CA. We both live in Az currently, so it has been difficult to contact or meet any bands in the area. Has anyone seen a wedding band or DJ in the area recently that they would recommend? I would really appreciate personal suggestions! We can't afford anyone world famous,  and are mainly wanting fun music to dance to. Ideally, I would love a band or DJ who likes to interact with the guests and has a good sense of transitioning from light dinner music to a fun mix of old/ new dance music. I'm open to suggestions from anyone with some experience in this department! Thank you so much for your help!

- Allisen

Re: Suggestions for wedding band or DJ for Bodega Bay wedding? Please help!

• Options
    cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A band is going to be expensive. My friend got an 80s metal (mostly) cover band for 4k. They really just played 80s music. You are going to pay more for a band that has range.
    I am using Denon and Doyle as my DJ. They have been highly recommended to me and they start at 1100 for 4 hours. My friend used Fog City and they were great as well.
    Hope that helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    allisen28allisen28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! That is very helpful :) Do you suggests anyone particular from Denon and Doyle, or have you heard anyone is a safe bet? Thanks again!

- Allisen
  • Options
    cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Denon and Doyle has different personality types of DJs depending on how much involvement you want them to have with your guests. I would go to their website and email them. They are very responsive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CaitlinmmkCaitlinmmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what the price is, but at a wedding that I catered there was a band called Mac the Knife that were pretty awesome. They did all kinds of genres and sounded great.
  • Options
    kellystdkellystd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they are willing to go to Bodega Bay, but I've been pleased with the interaction I've had with Sound in Motion (I work with their Campbell office but they have four locations total). They have a wide range of prices and DJ personalities. Check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards