California-Bay Area

Ceremony/Reception Venue

I just got engaged and I am looking for a ceremony/reception venue. I am on a budget! Theknot.com only has a few venues that fit my budget....does anyone know any other good sites to search? Or does anyone know of any good venues? I would appreciate any help!! My budget is around $3,000. I will be having an outside caterer so this is only the site fee. Thank you!!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue

• edited December 2011
    If you look on the northern ca board and search, girls have posted a lot on there in a couple of different areas.
  • edited December 2011
    try herecomestheguide.com!
  • edited December 2011
    try Piedmont community hall, and other park departments.  They have reasonable prices.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can also search Yelp for wedding venues (just type in "wedding venue" and the city you want to search in).

What area and type of place are you looking for? I will say most of the places I looked at use their own caterer but will make exceptions for certain things (e.g. ethnic cuisine).
  • edited December 2011
    my venue is actually VERY reasonable.  TK actually did this thing where they asked a bunch of wedding planners to plan a wedding for $10k or under.  and the SF wedding planner chose my venue! 

here is the link:  http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/cheap-wedding-in-san-francisco-california.aspx
  • urpezyurpezy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used mission blue in brisbane (south san francisco)
    we had our own caterer too and this place does not charge for using your own caterer. there is no cake cutting fee and the price you pay includes tables and chairs they set them up where you want them then you just have to set up. You can find good pictures of it on herecomestheguide.com. fee is per hour so you just decide how much time you need. 
    email me at tort_hp@yahoo.com if you want a couple pictures form our wedding.
    and we bought all the dishes for our wedding so we have them all to sell. Plain white no designs. We planned for 140 guest so if it is something that interests you let me know as well. 
    good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at a few as well---
    Vineyard: Red Feather in Livermore is reasonable
    Park: Stern Grove in San Francisco
    All in 1: The Rockerfeller Lodge in San Pablo
    Also-check out Golden Gate or Tilden Park
    We are going to work with Campbell Hall in Sausalito

there are a lot out there if you look. :-) good luck
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm... what about the Women's Club of Palo Alto?  Also, there are a bunch of public parks throughout the Bay Area that will allow you to "rent" them for the day, but I don't know if the costs of bringing in your own tables, chairs, etc. offset the savings.
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mills College (where I'm getting married) charges $1500 for reception venue (a few location options) and $800 for the chapel for non-alumnae. Their max capacity is approximately 150.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards