California-Bay Area

Villa Ragusa Brides

So I emailed Alison and she is no longer there!?!?

I would have appreciated an email to let us know and introduce the new person we'll be working with.  Someone named Vince emailed me back but when I asked a follow up question he never responded.  I then resent it and finally a woman named Maria got back to me but only on 1/2 my question.

I'm getting worried about how this will go day of....has anyone had positive interactions with the new staff?

Re: Villa Ragusa Brides

• edited December 2011
    Hi!   I am an event manager for work and we hold an annual fundraising event at VR each May.  I had some of the same concerns as you as it was very difficult to get a hold of someone (I wasn't even aware that there had been a staff change at VR until our caterers mentioned it).  I am actually meeting with Maria on Tuesday next week to review logistics so I can let you know how that goes!  I've only exchanged brief emails with her at this point.

~ Danae
  • edited December 2011

Yes please let me know how it goes!  I have sent several emails and have been recieving only partial responses which is frustrating.  There isnt even a direct # I've been able to call.  What I really want to know is who will be there day of my wedding and altough Maria has been more responsive than Vince she has not been as responsive as Alison was.

• edited December 2011
    So Maria postponed our meeting set for Tues - and after trying to get in this week with her and no luck, we have something set for next week on Tues.  I've had the same experience in regards to responses, very very brief.  And I tried calling the main phone number since there is no other contact listed and never received a return phone call!!

Frustrating and we've held the event there for a few years... next step is trying to contact the owner to file official complaints!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that your having so much trouble.  It makes me nervous.  I was supposed to meet with Maria this past Sat but I had to cancel before we even set a date because my sis went into labor early and I went up to Sac to be with her and the new baby :)
    We have rescheduled for next weekend and my florist is coming as well so she better not cancel on me.  I called the main line and left a message and I did get a call back but maybe it was because my payment was due and I was calling to pay over the phone.  Incentive to call me back, no? LOL
    I finally cornered Maria on the phone to ask who would be there on my wedding day and she said it would be her or the other person in the office.  When I inquired as to who that was she said there wasn't another person yet.  She seems really overwhelmed so I made a little joke so she didn't think I was a pushy bride but again when emailing her my menu selections earlier this week and asking a question.  She responded thanking me for the selections with no reference to my question.  I'm just going to write all the questions down and bring them with me when I meet with her but I wish I knew if I should be building a report with her for the wedding day....I don't want to meet my day of coordinator day of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards