California-Bay Area

Bay Area DJ Recommendation

Ok so I know there have been DJ postings but I do intend to dance and am looking for a recommendation for a DJ that knows country, top 40, some hip hop, classic rock and is a good (i.e. not ghetto or cheesy) master of ceremonies.  If you have a recommendation of someone you have used, are using, or saw in action at another event please do share!  I am looking to stay under $1000 including gratuity.  TIA! :)

Re: Bay Area DJ Recommendation

• edited December 2011
    We're using Quantum Music and Event Planning. After meeting with them and going over everything, I really like their feel and am confident in their work. Their prices were really reasonable and they are a preferred vendor at our facility, The Brazilian Room in Tilden Park.

HTH!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Big Fun DJ.  I've had several in-person/phone/email meetings with both the owners and our personal DJ and am really excited to be working with them! They have a website you can check out, and they frequent the local bridal fairs.  Their music list is super extensive, and includes just about any and every music genre you can think of.  They're also open to taking requests of songs they don't already have in their portfolio.  Also, they are very reasonably priced.
  • roselyn81roselyn81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Denon and Doyle for our September wedding....everywhere I looked they got rave reviews and my reception venue highly recommended them.  I was most concerned with making sure they were as professional as possible and not "cheesey".  They tout themselves as the premier wedding DJ in the Bay Area and have experience with timeline and traditions, etc.  I called and they sent me an info DVD of one of their info seminars (I was too busy to attend) and I was sold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards