Georgia-Savannah
Options

Site and Reception have declared Chapter 11!!!!

Does anyone know of any resources to help me? My resort has recently(today) 2 weeks before my wedding filed for Chapter 11. They indicate all is fine. My concern is that the folks I work with may not know the 'details' of the paperwork and it may be the night before and I have no wedding!! Please help!!!!

Re: Site and Reception have declared Chapter 11!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What company are you talking about?  Look at your contract very carefully...are there any provisions regarding non-performance?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, most companies that file Chapter 11 tend to operate as normal for several months; the filing is typically done to avoid creditors or tax liabilities...the coporation may have filed Chapter 11 to protect remaining assets, but the location of your wedding will continue to operate.  I strongly suspect this is what will happen.  Filing for bankruptcy is more procedural at the corporate level, and typically does  not affect the actual business locations, at least not for several months.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kristi.  Everything should be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so I watched the local news here and saw that Sea Island Company is filing for Chapter 11.  They are doing it so they can liquidate their assests in the future.  It won't affect your wedding in 2 weeks.  You'll be fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just make sure their suppliers have been paid.  While they may have the location, you want to make sure they have paid their food supplier and other suppliers for your reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CKandWWCKandWW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries at all!  I used to work at a resort that filed Chapter 11.  It is business as usual.  You need to worry if it goes to Chapter 13, but that usually takes a year or so to get there...  No worries!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards