Georgia-Savannah

Tybee Island Wedding??

I've finally began my search for wedding coordinators, and different places that have affordable wedding packages. I'm coming from out of state, but I've visited Savannah before and fell in love. I knew I had to have my wedding there. I've decided to go with a Tybee island beach wedding, because it holds a lot of memories. The wedding is only going to be 25-30 people (at very most) and we were thinking September 1st for the wedding date. I've checked out Coastal Savannah Weddings and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them? I've got my reception place picked out, I'm going with Lady and Sons (commercialized, yes I know, but again I'm going with sentimental for my fiance and I, and we already know that everyone will love it lol) I'm trying to spend as little as possible since I've got a set budget at $5,000, but any we can put away to save or use for a honeymoon would be helpful. If anyone knows of any good places with wedding packages, I could really use the help. I'm open to all suggestions! Thank You!! :)

Re: Tybee Island Wedding??

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Are you wanting to have a wedding on the beach at Tybee and then have everyone drive all the way back into town for your reception?  If that is the plan, I would reconsider.  Maybe think about having your rehersal dinner at L&S.  The reason I say this is because the begining of Sept is still prime beach weather here.  There is usually pretty heavy traffic getting onto the island between 11 and 2 and then getting off the island between 2 and 5.  Traffic can typically back up so far that it takes nearly an hour to travel the 18 miles to down town Savannah.  The last thing I would want after my wedding is to sit in traffic on Tybee Road wondering if I was going to be late to my own party. 
    There are a few places out on the island that offer packages for receptions.  Marlin Monroe's is a great place for that.  North Beach Grill also does private parties as does AJ's on the back river. 
    Another thing to consider is finding a rental house, be sure to tell the rental company what you are planning as some have policies against parties.  You could have a place like Sundae Cafe or Lady and Son's cater and then have diner party style reception for your guests. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gupsmomgupsmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm PM'ing you!  :)
  • Kshelle88Kshelle88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try going to tybeeislandwedding.com and check out Stephen and Jennifer.  They have planned a bunch of weddings down there since 2003 and have a lot of connections and have affordable packages. We're using them for our August 2012 wedding 
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I are doing a vow renewal in November 2011 because we never had a formal wedding. I've been speaking with Jennifer from Tybeeislandwedding.com. So far she seems very nice!
  • edited December 2011
    Jennifer & Steven with Tybee Island Weddings are AWESOME!!! They did our May 15, 2011 wedding and everything was absolutely perfect...we had a small destination wedding with 11 guests. For $640 they provided flowers of our choosing, Steven did the ceremony (he's a great officiant, by the way!) on the beach , and it also included the photographer.  He even delivered our disk of pictures to us the very next day at the condo we were staying! I would definitely recommend them...
  • edited December 2011
    SJM CELEBRATIONS have done several beautiful Tybee Island Weddings! Highly Recommend their great team!Cool
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_tybee-island-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:19f43782-88c9-47e2-92a1-66d1fcec4b25Post:a4dff475-8d34-4ef3-82d8-25b732d46104">Re: Tybee Island Wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jennifer & Steven with Tybee Island Weddings are AWESOME!!! They did our May 15, 2011 wedding and everything was absolutely perfect...we had a small destination wedding with 11 guests. For $640 they provided flowers of our choosing, Steven did the ceremony (he's a great officiant, by the way!) on the beach , and it also included the photographer.  He even delivered our disk of pictures to us the very next day at the condo we were staying! I would definitely recommend them...
    Posted by atlshawt[/QUOTE]

Im so happy you posted this! We booked our wedding through Stephen and Jennifer! Only we are just doing the ceremony. :)

Their website is: <a href="http://tybeeislandwedding.com/">http://tybeeislandwedding.com/</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards