Georgia-Savannah

NWR: moving to Georgia

hi everyone!

I'm coming to your board because H and I will be moving to Georgia soon. H will be stationed at Kings Bay and was wondering if any of you live around that part of the state. I was wondering if you could tell me what you enjoy/don't enjoy about the area.

I am from Pittsburgh but live in VA. This will be my first move to the south!

Thanks in advance :-)
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR: moving to Georgia

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Lady!  Good to see you over here.  You may have seen me over on MB and MN. 
    Kings Bay is a great area.  You are less than an hour from Jacksonville, FL.  There is great shopping in JAX and a ton of fun stuff to do.  You are also very near Brunswick, GA and about 2 hours from where I am in Savannah.  The beaches near you are great. 
    Kings Bay is a quiet area. 
    Do you have any specific questions?  I'd be happy to answer any for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!

Thanks for your response! My H's friend is stationed there right now and HATES it. He says there is nothing to do, no where to go, no shopping, etc. We are coming from Northern Virginia which has a target and walmart on every street corner! I'm not expecting that but he made it seem like it was a drive into Jacksonville to do ANYTHING!

Are you stationed in Georgia also? This is my first PCS so I'm trying to research as much as possible!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We are in Savannah.  There is plenty to do down there, you just have to go look for it.  Jacksonville really isn't that far away.  You are also pretty close to Brunswick.  There is also Fernandina Beach, FL. 
    You will have to drive at least 45 min to get to a mall, but there is a Walmart nearby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards