Georgia-Savannah

Something different for a Savannah Wedding...

My fiance Will and I are locals down here in Savannah, We are planning a Spetember 2012 wedding. I am a northern girl and I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall weddings , (hence the september wedding date) I want to try to recreate the feel of the north during september for my wedding but down her with a little warmer weather. I wont get married on the beach or in the parks or squares because everyone does it. no offense to those of you doing it, its beautiful and special no matter where it is. I just want it to look more like home... make sense?? I'm lost all the plantations are uber expensive and I'm not shelling out that kind of money. any suggestions on where to look?
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" John Lennon

Re: Something different for a Savannah Wedding...

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Have you looking into Wormsloe?  I love the ruins out there and think it's a beautiful area for a wedding.  The Bamboo Farm is a great space for weddings.  Look into Ottawa Farm or Poppell Farm for a farm type feel. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I love Wormsloe and I wanted to look into it because that would be perfect and the beautiful views and a great feel but I was told by a photographer here in town that they are no longer allowing weddings out there... im thinking about checking on it anyway... I have too many people for the Bamboo farms but it would have been a great location. I haven't heard of either of those farms and they might be eactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much. :) where did you have your wedding or where will you have it? 
    Thank you again!!

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" John Lennon
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I grew up on Tybee and had our wedding out there. 
    I would contact Wormsloe anyway.  I know of a wedding there earlier this year. 
    I know you said you didn't want a beach wedding, but what about a wedding at the foot of the lighthouse on Tybee? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Clarustin2011Clarustin2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Sept 2012 as well and in Savannah.

We have already booked our venue and are getting married at the Roundhouse Museum.

My FI is a local and most of his friends are already married and it was important to me to have a unique location that wasn't already used by one of his friends. Some places that were marked off our list because of this was the Mighty Eighth Museum, Ship of the Sea Maritime Museum, Mackey House, Bethesda and the Trustees' Garden.
    Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Sept. 2012 - March Siggy Challenge:
    Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Midwest girl and was married in Savannah a few weeks ago. I wanted the "Savannah" look so we had a Forsyth park wedding, BUT we are having a reception back in Northern Missouri in October. I too love the fall in this area! What about bringing in decor elements to help embelish your "Northern" roots. I'm not sure how far north you are, but I am using lots of wheat (with lots of nuetral colors for a rustic & romantic feel). Lots of baked apple food items, etc. Just a thought!
  • phill027phill027 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Charles Morris Center?  That's where I'm getting married - it's a versatile space with a modern/industrial feel - brick exposed walls and hardwood floors.  It's also a great space for logistics - there's a patio, lawn and tented area to the side in addition to the main space.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a fairly new venue called "Under the Oaks" waterfront on Georgia Colonial Coast.  It was an old plantation at one time.  Depending on the size of your guest list determines the package price you need.  Dance Floor, Chandeliers,  Linens, Tent, Tables (for guests and caterer) are included.  Chairs are included for tent and outdoor area. Prices are very reasonable.   Contact me if you are interested in the different packages. 
  • How about a Historic Home? This home was a mercantile/ saloon built in 1860 by Silas Fulton. It has a famous Pirates walk that the confederate soliders used as a hiding place for guns. It has been meticulously restored with the discreminating bride in mind. The Pink Wedding Cottage Circa 1860 We offer reasonable rates and a unique bridal experience. We are currently taking reservations for 2012-2013 wedding season. Email a.Whitford@yahoo.com or Call Amanda 912-308-5570
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies for the ideas. I went and looked around and even went over to south carolina... I found this wonderful rustic building that was perfect... but WAY to small... :( i ended up booking savannah quarters because their club house fits the idea i have almost perfectly... :)  thank you so much and i loved hearing from you all. :) congratulations to all and enjoy your special day. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards