Georgia-Savannah
Options

Savannah Wedding HELP!!

We are planning on coming to Savannah for our wedding somewhere between Sept. and Nov.2012 We do not want it to be too hot outside so I am thinking October? We would like to have it in an area with the beautiful trees and spanish moss . We both fell in love with Savannah when we went on vacation there. Can anyone help direct me? We do not want to spend alot of money maybe 2k for the ceremony. But we will have about 20-25 guests. We also would like a place to go eat after and "party". Maybe a place with a nice bar selection and great food. I feel like I am babbling and I am overwhelmed. We had a wedding plan here in NC and had the venue paid for and all but soon came to realize this is not what we wanted, so we went back to our original plan of coming to Savannah!

Re: Savannah Wedding HELP!!

• Options
    I am using Coastal Savannah Weddings and have been very pleased with them so far.  They do have packages for smaller weddings that will fit your budget and most of them come with officiant, flowers, etc. We're doing a morning wedding with a lunch reception at Vic's on the River.  So far, no complaints..... but my wedding isn't until after yours so I can't give any reviews.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Thank you :) . I also found An Affair ro Remember! They have great pakcages also :)
  • Options
    There are quite a few squares and gardens that would be great for you.  I do think October would be a better time for you.  Keep in mind that it can still be in the low 80's during that time. 
    I think it would be best for you to have a planner help you a bit since you aren't familiar with the area.  Some places you may want to look into for a ceremony location are the Savannah Botanical Gardens, most any of the sqaures down town, and Forsyth Park.

For the party, check out Moon River Brewery, Churchill's Pub and Billy's Place above McDonough's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Savannah Botanical Gardens at the end of September.  The grounds are very beautiful, they do such a great job there.  There is a 1839 farmhouse on site,(dressing areas, kitchen, backup plan for rain).  We are having our destination wedding ceremony there and Betty has been so accomodating with emails, phone calls, and giving small details we may have overlooked when we went there in January to look at the place.  She is also very cheap for such a lovely area.  ($350 for 3 hours).  She also has tables and chairs with chair covers if that is something else you would like. 
    Like you we are having around 25 people, so I know the area can accomodate your size party without feeling too small or too large.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    The Savanah Botanical Gardens are beautiful. I'm getting my engagement pictures done there this weekend. It really would be a great place for a smaller wedding.

And I want to warn that October is a funny time for weather around here. It literally can be 60 one and 90 the next...just a heads up...unless you get married in January, you run the risk of a 90 degree day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Wrennwood Design and they were fantastic. Wormsloe is a great venue to consider.
  • Options
    The historic squares would be nice......not very expensive . Im having my ceremony in Lafayette Square in September
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards