Georgia-Savannah
Options

Your advice needed!

Hi ladies,
We're collecting input from experienced brides for our Georgia Knotties who are just starting to plan their big day. Do you have any words of wisdom to share?
We'd love to share your advice!

Re: Your advice needed!

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What exactly are you looking for?  I would be glad to share what ever I can. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure your pick a good quality reliable wedding photographer & videographer
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you get a written contract!!!!!  I was planning a destination wedding to Savannah from Chicago and when we visited to meet with vendors, so many of them said "Oh we don't do contracts.  We take you at your word and a handshake is all we need."  Needless to say, we had a LOT of problems and ended up cancelling our wedding and losing a few thousand in deposits from the vendors who DID have contracts.

If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.  Never trust a phone call, a handshake, or a verbal promise!

Also, make sure you check the BBB ratings of any vendor you're thinking of using.  I could have saved a lot of headaches (and a lot of money) if I had done that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the best experience doing a destination wedding. Other than my really bad wedding coordinator everyone else kicked butt!
  • Options
    fitzloweryfitzlowery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can give you a great coordinator in Savannah. She is very knowledgable and works with all budgets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards