Georgia-Savannah

Photog help!

My FI and I are getting married on Tybee in a few weeks, and having our brunch reception on Wilmington Island at his parents house. We have talked about not having a photographer, but Im a girl. I want one, just not an expensive one. We live in Clarksville,TN and there are places around here for like $100 a session..Id love to find one of those but Im trying to be real. Any help would be great!

Re: Photog help!

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think you will have a hard time finding anyone who charges a $100 session fee for a wedding.  I know people who do it for family photos, but weddings are different. Most wedding photographers start out at, at least, $1000 for wedding session fees. 
      I would call the photography department at the Savannah College of Art and Design.  Many photog majors are looking to pad their portfolios. 
    I would also talk to family members who may have a talent for photography and have a great camera.  Ask them if they might be able to help you out.  A friend of mine asked if I would shoot her wedding.  I was honored to be able to help her.  I loaded all the pics onto Snap Fish and she ordered the pics she wanted and made a photobook for herself and family. 
    Just a few ideas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    A really great friend of mine does photography and starts off at about $900, thats without travel! I think I may just ask family to take great pictures. I just want them to make sure they enjoy themselves.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a photographer and I shoot by the hour.  I also live on Wilmington Island.  If you need some help, check my webstie and email me if you are interested.

Morgan
    mmcyen@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards