Virginia-Richmond
Options

NWR: Where to eat?

Hi ladies!  I'm a regular on the Boston and June 2010 boards but I need your help!  FI's birthday is next Saturday.  We'll be at a wedding in Williamsburg the same day.  We'll be arriving on Friday and I thought it would be really nice to take him out to dinner on Friday to celebrate.  Any suggestions on where we should go?  We're open to any cuisine.  I know Williamsburg and Richmond are a bit far apart but we're going to have a lot of time to spare (I didn't realize that Old Williamsburg closes so early!) so we're willing to travel, but if you know of a great restaurant in Williamsburg that would be wonderful as well!  Thanks for your help!

Re: NWR: Where to eat?

• Options
    nluvbride09nluvbride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Tobacco Company, its a pretty nice place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, there are so many fantastic options in Richmond *and* in Williamsburg.In Williamsburg, for dinner I suggest:The Trellis (Merchant's Square, seasonal cuisine and fantastic desserts)The Blue Talon Bistro (not for dieters, but some of the most fantastic French country food you will ever eat, also on Merchant's Square)Any of the Williamsburg Taverns (hokie, but fun if you've never been, Christiana Campbell's is my favorite)The Greenleafe (a little further afield, but this one gets raves from my Williamsburg friends)There are also a couple seafood restaurants on Merchant's Square (Fat Canary?) that you might like.In Richmond (where to even start!):Tobacco Company was recommended by the previous poster and it is good, and classic Richmond (steaks and such).Acacia Midtown (on Main street, I think) consistently gets rave reviews.  I've only been there for lunch, but it was great.Can Can Brasserie in Carytown for great French food and good atmosphere.  (In fact Carytown in general is a good place to go wander and then see what suits your fancy).Strawberry Street cafe in the fan (affordable and fun, classic Richmond eatery, with an infamous bathtub salad bar).And finally, my favorite restaurant in Richmond, Comfort (on Broad and Jefferson, near the VCU campus) which is upscale southern comfort food--great if you're in the mood for really regional cuisine, but they can be packed on a Friday night so get there early or be prepared for a little wait.  Have fun and maybe I'll see you over on the June 2010 boards, since it looks like we just set our date!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards