Virginia-Richmond

Ukrops cake

Have any of you used or eaten a Ukrops wedding cake? Do you think their prices are better than other bakeries? Cakes are so expensive!

Re: Ukrops cake

• edited December 2011
    To me, Ukrop's iced pound cake has always been the quintessential wedding cake. I love the way it tastes and there are different visual and flavor options to meet your specifications. Their prices aren't that high, either; they're cheaper than most other bakeries in the area, but they're still not cheaply priced. I agree with you; cakes are ridiculously overpriced! I don't see the reason for it.
  • SposatiSposati member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ate it at a friend's wedding, and then did a tasting for my own...and honestly, both times I wasn't very impressed. Both times, they were dry and very dense. Not like the usual great stuff they put out in their bakery. We ended up doing a tasting at about 5 different bakeries and got quotes for exactly what we wanted. Thankfully, the best tasting cake (and the cheapest!) was at Baker's Kitchen. They did an amazing job, and charged much less than all the other bakers we did a tasting with. But do your own research! Do the tastings yourself and find what you love and what's in your budget. I'm glad I didn't just go with what other people told me to, because I never would have discovered Baker's Kitchen.
  • tory16tory16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had Ukrops wedding cake along with numerous other local bakeries.  I like their cake, but I think that it is realy over-priced.  In shopping for my own cake recently, I've decided on Westhampton Pastry shoppe off Patterson Avenue.  They've been around for years and come very highly recommended. All of their samples (except the marble and chocolate which are too dry) are delicious.  They use pound cake as well and their prices, depending on what kind of design you want, is about $100 to $150 less than Ukrop's white cake with white icing.  Hope this helps.
  • trulylovelytrulylovely member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a tasting there, it was delicious but they quoted me $785, I ended up going to Westhampton and got more cake for $430.
  • polelenepolelene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had their cake at a friend's wedding, and thought it was wonderful! We had cupcakes, and used them for those, and got a ton of compliments. I don't know about how the pricing on the cakes compares, but we saved a ton of money (even compared to doing them ourselves) by going with their cupcakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards