Virginia-Richmond
Options

DJ review for Elite Sounds Entertainment

If you are thinkining of using Elite Sounds Entertainment (located in richmond) please reconsider.  We booked with them about 10 months ago for my October 17th wedding in Scottsville.  At the time they seemed great.  We were supposed to get DJ Mikey G. (Mike Gallione), he emailed me asking for special requests and what he should wear, etc.  I gave him all our details, paid $50 extra for an extra hour, and $40 extra for the "DJ Cam".  When we confirmed everything before the wedding we were still under the impression that Mike was going to be our DJ.  The day of the wedding nobody from elite sounds showed up.  About 45 minutes after they were supposed to get there to set up they called saying they were lost.  It was not Mike Gallione but a younger girl.  She drove right past all our balloons and signs and went 20 miles out of the way.  She finally showed up about an hour into the reception.  Several people left early thinking that we were done.    When she finally got set up it took her another 10 minutes to get the song lists together and find the first dance song.  After the first dance she started playing break up songs.  When asked about our original DJ she said that he had called her that morning saying that he didn't want to do it and asked her to fill in.We had asked her to do a few announcements and to announce our 'married couples only' dance.  She spoke so quietly and monotone that nobody even noticed she was speaking.  She didn't get anyone's attention before making the announcements and nobody knew what was going on.  She was very boring and a huge dissappointment.  We ended up just asking her to stop and pack up.  When contacted, Mike Gallione was very rude about it all.  He said that her tardyness was our fault because our directions were bad.  All our guests found the place fine and we had balloons marking the way.  He got hatefull when we mentioned that the girl he sent was boring, quiet, monotone, and unprofessional.  He insisted with an 'I don't care' attitude that he has never had a complaint before.  We told him what the girl said about him calling her last minute and he got mad saying that he had another wedding that day and he had told her ahead of time that she was doing ours.  We booked our wedding first so he really shouldn't have pushed us aside even if what he said was true.Then he said that people did not leave because of the DJ being late, he heard that there was another event going on that everyone left to go to.  That was not only a rude thing to say but it was untrue.  My SIL left only a little early to go to her homecoming dance.  Nobody else went anywhere after the wedding and she stayed till after the cake cutting. Plus, the people who did leave left before the DJ got there so how would she know where they went?We also told him that since we paid extra for an hour that she was not there he should refund AT LEAST that money.  He refused.  The most he would do was give us the DJ cam free.  We told him to keep it, the girl didn't even use it but once.I seriously wish I had just hooked up my Ipod.  That's a few hundred dollars we could have used on our honeymoon. 

Re: DJ review for Elite Sounds Entertainment

• Options
    EliteSoundsEliteSounds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, yes I am replying to the review due to the slander of my business name, I have been in business for several years and not ONCE up until this disaster of a wedding have I received a complaint. Folks, this lady is a complete NUTCASE just looking for something for free. When she booked us, I had another wedding booked as well, so for her to say she should of been taken care of first says alot of what you're dealing with, how does she know who booked infront of her? Every bride I've worked with has booked well in advance, I originally...or I thought so, dealt with this brides mother who seemed to be pleasant to deal with. She originally sent me an email saying she was handling everything. Which was fine, The "young girl" she is referring to was always going to DJ this wedding, who is listed as Co-operator on our website. These customers never provided me with an address, they told me where it would be, I got a numeric address from google and a hotel site where the wedding was being held. While the "young girl" was looking for the place, it could not be found, my full time job is in law enforcement, I contacted someone from VA. state police in who knows the area and he stated he's worked around there for 15 years and never heard of the street, address nor the place the wedding was being held, if the police cannot find you...there is something wrong. This person contacted me while I was at the other wedding and their phone couldn't even hold reception due to where this was being held. I got the DJ and this person in contact and she gave her wrong directions at least 5 times. Their "Balloons and signs" consisted of 1 deflated white balloon tied around a mailbox. Over half the guests did leave for a homecoming, when the DJ was able to find the place, she said it was quite small, and was advised that a homecoming was the same day so the YOUNGER people left. Not everyone as this person tries to claim. When the DJ called me to tell me they found it, I advised her to give her the DJ cam option for free and play an extra hour for free, in which she did. The bride was VERY rude all night long, The songs played were from a song list provided by the brides mother months in advance plus peoples requests so the "break up" song line...doesnt work. After the wedding was over, the next day I received an email from the bride pretending to be her mother saying she was displeased. I advised her of what happened, she received the camera option for free and an extra hour of music for free. The bride wanted a refund of $10 more. I advised she already received 2 things free and she wasn't getting anything more. I have all emails to show my professionalism and courtest towards this woman as she became irate and told me "Take your DJ cam and STUFF IT" Ladies, dont be hindered by this person just looking for something for free, if it wasn't me it would of been someone else, we are dealing with nothing but a BRIDEZILLA...If you want courtesy, professionalism, and a good time, make sure you stick with us, we'll take care of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never asked for anything free, I asked for the money back that was paid for the extra hour we did not get.

I still have the email you sent asking what YOU should wear when you came for the wedding.  We were never informed that you would not be coming.

The Inn has a website with perfect directions for how to get there.  The address also shows up on google maps and mapquest. 

The girl did not follow my mother's directions which is why she got lost.  She went 20 miles over the bridge when she was told 4.

The cell phone reception to that entire county and the one beside it is bad, it's not just the one place where we were.

There was no mailbox with balloons... there were 4 white balloons tied to the road sign and several tied to the sign with our names on it. 

There was only 1 person at our reception who was in high school so no, there were not several people going to the homecoming dance.  Everyone else who left early was over 40 yrs old and left before the DJ got there.  There is no way you could know where they went. 

The only thing I ever said to the DJ was "Nobody is really ready yet"  When they started playing the aniversary dance without announcing it loud enough for people to know what was going on.  Nobody understood what she said.  She answered me with "well you wanted it after the first dance so it's playing now."  My mother was the one to talk to her the rest of the night so no,  I was not rude all night.

My mother did not provide a song list, only our first dance song and the only song requested was long after they stopped playing the break up songs.

I did not send any email the next day.  My mother sent one the next monday while I was in Jamaica without a computer.  She realized she had paid extra for the extra hour and wanted to see if she could get it back. 

We did not recieve anything free, you made my mother mad through your rude emails and she told you to forget the "dj cam" so we never got that and we paid $50 EXTRA for an extra hour which is what we asked for a refund on.  We did not get that hour that we paid for.

The girl you sent was the one who told us she was asked last minute to come.  

Actually, my reviews for all of my other vendors were excellent.  They were great people to work with.  Yours is the only bad one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards