Virginia-Richmond

Using caterers provided by venue or using an outside caterer? What's cheaper?

Hi there! We are looking at a few venues that will allow us to either use their catering services, like at a golf course, or bring in an outside caterer. Just trying to determine what the best all around option would be. Open for suggestions!!

Re: Using caterers provided by venue or using an outside caterer? What's cheaper?

• I don't know if it is cheaper one way or the other, but I know if you go with a place that already has catering it's one less thing to deal with. Usually at places that have the catering included the rentals are also included. This could save you time in the planning department! When catering is included usually they have a preset menu to pick from, which can limit options.Same with decor-if they provide the things that you would typically rent your options may be limited. (white table cloths/napkins, same place settings, etc.) When you go the route of renting these things you will have more options to customize your overall wedding look.

For me, I loved the venue right away, you bring a caterer but the venue provides tables and chairs.  It has been totally worth sourcing the right caterer because I have a unique menu, and he gave me a very fair price. Luckily, the caterer owns the plates and silverware which saved in my rental budget big time.
    So, in my opinion, you can make it as much or as little work for yourself,  as complicated or as simple. Either way, just pick something that makes you happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards