Virginia-Richmond
Options

budget venues in RVA?

I have just started looking at venues for my FI and I's reception in RVA. We are on a tight budget. Is there a place you guys could recommend that doesn't have a minimum food cost? I seem to be running into that problem a lot. I am looking for a place for sometime next september, indoors or outdoors, during the afternoon.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: budget venues in RVA?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wrexham Hall in Chesterfield (near the courthoue) was between $800-$2000 with no minimum food and inexpensive in-house catering. It was adorable, great for a smaller crowd under 150.
    The VIA Club at Pebble Creek in Mechanicsville (not far off 95) was about $1,185 and you can bring your own food, alcohol, etc. It's also small and will require some decorations, but VERY affordable.
    If you know anyone at country clubs (Hermitage and Willow Oaks were both great) that could sponsor you, those are surprisingly cheap. Willow Oaks was only $500 and was a fantastic venue. That one may have had a minimum food cost, but we thought it was still affordable because the rental cost was so cheap.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    casswhitingcasswhiting member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I hadn't heard of Wrexham hall or VIA club. I will definitely check them out. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also take a look at Henrico Parks & Rec... Belmont and Deep Run are really pretty, really cheap, and let you use whichever caterer you want so you can shop around.  Depending on your guest count, either of these could work.  Also, check out Montpelier Arts & Education Center, The Rockville Center, or Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards