Virginia-Richmond
Options

Engagement Photo Locations in RVA?

Looking for some awesome and unique engagement photo locations in RVA.  Our wedding will be out of town, and our photographer has agreed to travel to Richmond for the engagement shoot, but since he is not a local, he has asked for suggestions for the shoot.  So far, I have come up with Maymont and Agecroft Hall, but am unsure about their photo policies.  Has anyone had photos taken at either, or have any other suggestions for locations?

Re: Engagement Photo Locations in RVA?

• Options
    Agecroft and Maymont- You have to pay a fee to those places in order for your photographer to be allowed to take professional photos of you there.

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens is also nice, but again you have to pay a fee.

We had our engagement photos done in the Church hill area- if you go downtown on broad st and you keep going up the hill, there is a little monument and it overlooks the city. Nice skyline view of the city in the background, some good green grass and trees too. The day we went someone was getting married there so we were limited in the space we could use.

We had our wedding photos done Rockett's Landing- those were gorgous! Breathtaking view of the city behind us and you can also get a nice background of the James River as well.

Speaking of which, I've seen a bunch of engagment photos taken on the rocks of the James River near Belle Isle
  • Options
    I second Belle Isle.
    You could also try Bryan Park.
  • Options
    Hanover Court House off of 301 is a little north of Richmond and an AMAZING place for photos!! Old buildings, pretty archways and huge trees! There is even an old tavern there and a library too. Super cute and no fees :-)
  • Options
    Downtown Ashland is really cool for e-photos.  New Kent Winery (any winery, really).  Meadow Farm Park in Glen Allen is where we take some photo's before.  Stick with your free parks, although, I have to admit I snuck a photographer in with me to Maymont during the Fall season.  We were able to take pic near/around the entrance way with no problem.  I'm sure in their busy season they're more cautious of people doing that though.

epajic said:
    Hanover Court House off of 301 is a little north of Richmond and an AMAZING place for photos!! Old buildings, pretty archways and huge trees! There is even an old tavern there and a library too. Super cute and no fees :-)
    Are you referring to Hanover Tavern?  That's where we're doing our rehearsal dinner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards