Virginia-Richmond

john marshall ballrooms

Hi!

My fiance and I are getting ready to book our wedding at John Marshall Ballrooms.  Just wondering if anyone else out there is/has booked!  We are thinking of the Virginia room, and using coral and navy as our colors.  I'm curious to hear what colors other people have used/plan to use!  It seems like pretty much any colors would work since they are neutral, but I think coral will brighten the room up/give it some color. 

Re: john marshall ballrooms

• My planner just mentioned the other day she's got 3 weddings booked there for this year. So the place is picking up in popularity but being they JUST opened don't know how much feedback you'll get. The interiors are pretty neutral, yet historic - tans, creams, wood tones and some red accent - so your coral and navy scheme  should look wonderful.
  • I think your coral and navy will look great.  My wedding will be there this April and we are doing black, white, and pink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cosmos - I love those colors, too!  I started thinking navy and coral was too beachy/marine so I'm liking this palette right now .... http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2011/03/by-request-coral-pink-peach-ivory-black.html

are you using a DJ or band?
  • I'm also using the John Marshall ballrooms - but we're using the Marshall Ballroom.

My colors will either be a dusty rose and gray, or navy with really bright red/yellow/orange flowers. I'm waiting to see what dress I pick, but I'm leaning toward the gray/rose.
  • klargs we are using a band.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cosmos - which band?  so exciting!  we prob can't afford a band, but it would be awesome...
  • klargs-we are using 2nd soul band.  They sound really good and they also come with a DJ.  They can sing a wide variety of music.  The cost is about $500 per set of music. If you want the information let me know and I will PM you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're booked at the John Marshall for our winter wedding this year! The coordinator, Amy, is VERY sweet and absolutely accomodating. We're on a pretty tight budget, and we're spending all our money on JM; we're using the Marshall ballroom, which is perfect for our 115 person guest list.

Give Amy a call for a tour; she's with The Colony Club on E Franklin St. They have separate places for your cocktail hour if you want to keep people from messing with the tables as well as valet parking. Not to mention 2 blocks from the HIlton Garden & the Marriott!

I'm doing deep purple and pale yellow, with an emphasis on cream and yellow in the centerpiece bouquets with purple napkins & accents. This is the perfect venue if you're looking for something classy, modern, and historic. Like someone said previously, its done up in all beige to go with every color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards