Virginia-Richmond
Options

Lewis Ginter

Hi there! I'm new to the message boards, but I'm trying to find out peoples take on Lewis Ginter. We haven't booked the location yet, but we are leaning towards it. Is there anything negative we should know about the place?? Has anyone on here had their wedding there or is planning on it? Thanks for the help!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lewis Ginter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I visited Lewis Ginter and met with one of the coordinators there.  Of course it's beautiful, BUT they have restrictions on where you can have your ceremony and reception.  For example, their packages offer a certain reception area to go with a specific ceremony area.  Unfortunately, fiance and I really liked the garden area for our ceremony, but did not care for the reception site that was included in the package.  We would have preferred to have the reception in a different area of Lewis Ginter, which isn't allowed.  So needless to say, we decided against Lewis Ginter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know!! Thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on this post, but we recently looked at Lewis Ginter for our reception but will probably not go that way because you must use their caterer.  Unfortunately it seems their caterer may not be able to accommodate a request we have so I think we're going to cross it off the list.  It's a beautiful location, but you are restricted to your area for ceremony and reception, as they can have up to 3 weddings occurring simultaneously.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards