Kentucky-Louisville

Wow What A Storm!

Hope everybody is okay out there!  Hang tight because I think another round might be heading our way this afternoon!

Re: Wow What A Storm!

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that was crazy! I'm downtown and we had to go down to our building's basement for a bit. I was on the phone with a client when the sirens started going off and they announced that we should go downstairs. I was like "uhhhh uhhh yeah yeah that sounds great GOTTA GO!!!" :)

I heard a report that a tornado briefly touched down by the locks and dam which is just right across the river from us, but we were looking outside before we went downstairs and didn't see anything.

We're getting our e-pics taken tomorrow, so I hope it clears up!!!
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I teach and we had the kids in lockdown for almost an hour.  It was wild!  Good luck with your e-pics.  My photographer took us down to the river and got some amazing pics with us in front of the bridge/skyline.  Love them!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eeeek!  Stay safe everybody! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Z! Our plan right now is to start off at Cherokee around 4-4:30 and then head down to Waterfront Park after that. I'm hoping to get some awesome shots of the skyline and all of that when the sun starts to go down. Our photog is driving in from Evansville, so I'm excited that it's a beautiful day today.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous day!  Ours were taken at sunset-ish because the photog said that was the best lighting (and I always thought it was when the sun was high in the sky).  Have a blast!!!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I think they turned out great!! He was originally supposed to come in at 1, but we asked if we could do them later, so he came in around 4. We got some awesome shots at Cherokee and then some really nice shots at Waterfront park when the sun started to go down.

There is a really cute pic that has us kissing infront of the skyline. We're mostly silhoetted, since it was already dark, but the skyline is beautiful. The only bad thing about the pic is I think you can see the Yum logo huge in the background. :-P Oh, and we had to go take some pics with Abe Lincoln. Those should be pretty funny...

I think I remember from my photography classes in college that the sun is the harshest around noon. The later you go, the softer the lighting is. You just have to worry about squinting. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards