Kentucky-Louisville

wedding gowns

So, I've started my search for wedding gowns. I've figured out roughly what I want. However, it seems every bridal store I walk into has gowns that well exceed the $1,000 mark. In fact, I've hardly seen a dress below $900. Are there more economical places to go in Louisville?? If so, where and what are they? I haven't had much luck at David's Bridal. Thanks!

Re: wedding gowns

• KmettsKmetts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went back to The Bridal Suite of Louisville after recieving that coupon in the mail...It saved me 15% off a more expensive gown(special order...not a sample..)- found it well worth it! The gowns there are advertised on their website as being anywhere form $600-ish- $1700...so I knew what to expect when going shopping there.The one I fell in love with and got was only $999. The Essense of Australia's were my favorites!!! The girls there, Sara, Laurie and Ashton were THE BEST! I can't reccomend them HIGHLY enough! and yes, they WILL come get you into your gown on your wedding day!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to Rebecca's or some of the smaller local stores.  I am also on the hunt for a dress and would not recommend David's Bridal at all.  I was insulted there twice and treated poorly because I wasn't a size 2. I wish you the best of luck in your search!
  • bmerantebmerante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress from The Bridal Suite of Louisville! They were SO helpful. I got the Essence of Australia Martina Liana 260 dress.! I got 10% off for participating in their Toys for Tots program as well!

http://www.bustlebatonrouge.com/MartinaLiana260S.jpg

http://www.mariasbridaldesigns.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1367
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Rebecca's & Bridal Warehouse on Hurstbourne.  I had been into David's in the past for BM dresses for a friend's wedding.  Hated David's (it felt dirty to me).  Hated Bridal Warehouse (there was a guy in the dressing room & the consultant was USELESS).  LOVED Rebecca's.  My budget was $700 or less, and there were tons of dresses to try on.  We also got BM dresses there, and they've been super nice.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am getting married this June, and I have ordered my dress from bridal suite of louisville. Everyone there was exceedingly friendly and helpful! My budget was around $1000, and the dress I chose was a little over that, but there were dresses there that were also beautiful for less. I also would suggest Rebecca's. They have beautiful, quality dresses for under $1000, and a really large selection of nice sale dresses.
  • Deirdre1BDeirdre1B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Bridal warehouse. The dresses were less expensive there then the smaller stores in Louisville. I have been to David's in the past to get BM dresses for other weddings but as someone said before that place feels dirty. I worked with Tiffany at Bridal warehouse and she was very helpful. I went back two times and each time she remembered me and my two fav. dresses. I also picked out my BM dresses there and they price matched the prices I found on the internet.  Which ended up saving each of my girls 30%.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards