Kentucky-Louisville

Catering Suggestions

Hello! My fiance and I are doing a destination(ish) wedding in Louisville. I lived there for a short period of time and both of us fell in love with the city. Since we don't currently live there I'm unfamiliar with the catering choices in the area. And Google hasn't been as helpful as I could've hoped.We're looking for very basic but delicious food. We'd like to spend around $5K for the entire cost...food, linens, tableware (not alcohol, we're doing that on our own). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much!!!

Re: Catering Suggestions

• casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Naiman's catering. Les is great to work with. The price he originally quoted us was a little higher then we wanted to pay and he worked with us to adjust the menu so we could still get what we wanted at the price we could afford.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a fan of Chardeau's.  Michelle, the owner, just had twins, so she might not get back to you super-quick, but she's very nice.  Chip (the main chef) is awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    BAJ Catering and Beha Catering both have GREAT food and reasonable prices. And The Catering Company is extremely good too!! There is also Wiltshire Pantry and Upper Crust, but I am thinking they may be a little more expensive. See also: Masterson's Catering. Have you asked your venue for a list of 'approved' or suggested caterers?
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Masterson's has been great to work with.  I've heard a lot of people say they are "tired" of Masterson's because so many people use them.  But, if SO many people use them, they must be doing something right!  We have 100 guests and are doing a buffet style dinner about 50 miles outside of Louisville (extra transportation costs)and our quote is around $2600.  That includes table linens, glassware, dishes, and silverware.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Naiman's.  Also Masterson's.  Both are quite reasonably priced and the food is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards