Kentucky-Louisville

adll

I seen where you posted that Kroger was the best for your cake testing which Kroger did you use? I live close to Louisville just on the Indiana side and was wondering about this. How were their prices, did they just have cake with frosting or did it have fillings? Thanks so much!!

Re: adll

• edited December 2011
    Kroger?  u do know that they get all their cakes in frozen from a central commissary?  I know someone who works there.
  • mrileyoct1mrileyoct1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had cakes from there for b-days etc. I don't want something nasty but as like many other brides I am on a tight budget. The cakes which I have had from there before were never bad. If you have any other suggestions WHITEVIOLETS I am open to them. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Try this lady: Lisa Easton - Cakes by Lisa. Easton369@insightbb.com  or  812-923-6544 She works out of her home, so I am thinking maybe she could give you a decent price. I've seen and tasted her cakes and she is one talented chick! Definitely better quality than Kroger, but still budget friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    I APPLAUD you for having the wedding you can afford! If only I had known better. *sigh* Something I have seen done that is just a secret between you and your caterer is to have a faux cake with only one real layer to cut for the photos.Your caterer (or coordinator, whomever) can whisk it to the back and serve your guests from a plain sheet cake (which could be less expensive than the real deal).Let's face it, who has ever had a BAD cake at a wedding?  Who would care they were served a sheet cake or even a cake from Kroger?HAVE THE WEDDING YOU CAN AFFORD!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    *raises hand* Umm........ I have had BAD cake at weddings. I bit into a slice of cake at a reception one time and the darn thing was STILL FROZEN!!!!!!!! And from a cake person who SWEARS she doesn't freeze her cakes. I overheard the DJ say to his wife.... "Is your cake still frozen? Yuck." .... as he spit it out and so did his wife. And what wasn't frozen was dry as it could be. 
  • edited December 2011
    ZOINKS!  I stand corrected...perhaps it is possible to have bad cake at a wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I broke a tooth on what was called an "edible pearl" one time. Swear. To. GAWD! And still have problems with that tooth to this day. Jarred my head so bad when I bit down on it, I got tears in my eyes.
  • edited December 2011
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last summer I bit down on a plain old sprinkle on a Kroger sheet cake and cracked a molar.  I had to go get it drilled, filled, and crowned to the tune of $600 after dental insurance.  And I have strong teeth- I've only had like one cavity in my life!  This wasn't at a wedding or anything, but I just wanted to commiserate with CB.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Aye!  Had no idea there were so many cake-related injuries possible! :(
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! Dang...this thread went south fast!
  • jenmoore38555jenmoore38555 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like cake is risky for teeth! I'm subbing jello for cake...  j/k :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards