Kentucky-Louisville

Photographer suggestions

Hi Ladies!I am trying to book a photographer...any suggestions?  I've already met with Sarah Petty and Lang Thomas.  I loved them both, but I would like to meet with a few more before I make a final decision.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Photographer suggestions

• tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sara Petty for my wedding Sept 12th and she was amazing.  I highly recommend her.  I know there are a lot of very good photographers here in Louisville, though, so I do recommend meeting with them and finding someone you click with.  You will be spending a lot of your day with that person(s) so make sure your personalities work well together.  :-) Good luck.Also, keep in mind that some of the really good photographers are usually open to creating a custom package to fit your budget, so don't be scared off by prices of certain packages.  It never hurts to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    I have the urge to lick Sara's left cheek she is so fabulous.No really, she photographed by my elopement (she just showed up...really!) and then my wedding.  My wedding dress is actually the first photo you see when you go to her website. *swoon*  I love her. This woman picked up my wedding flowers on her way in and stayed until the last disc was spun.  She is above professional and I truly feel like booking her was was the easiest decision I made for my wedding.Through her, I made almost all of my other vendor contacts and the moment I mentioned I was "one of Sara's brides," these people ushered me in and nurtured me like I was their newborn child. She made my wedding planning ridiculously easy. I'd call her up and say, "Hey Sara...who do you recommend for flowers?" and she rattle off the best.  Truly, she knows her stuff,  both in photography and in the wedding world.  You cannot go wrong with her.  For the price, she is an absolute steal.I've also seen the work and have met the following and they are fantastic as well:Monarch Photography - Rosemary and Jonathan are such wonderful photographers AND professionals.David Lee - he is quite charming and has a fantastic eye.Eric Graf - his work looks like it could be in Vogue, IMO.  
  • trautwsmtrautwsm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used David Lee Hartlage for my wedding on 8/22, and he was unbelievable! Truly, he was with us the entire day from start to finish, and I never saw him put the camera down. He has a wonderful personality and half the time he fit in so well we didn't even notice he was there. Very professional and really worked with our budget. Check him out at www.davidleefoto.com His sister is the incredible Cakes by Lisa. What a talented family!
  • Law033Law033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Monarch Photography... I absolutely loved Jonathon and Rosemary.  www.monarch-photography.com
  • tarabear888tarabear888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help! I'm really leaning towards Sarah because we clicked sooo well when I met with her, but I am definately going to check out some of the others you girls suggested.
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer was Courtney Reece and I absolutely loved her! She was able to work within my budget and the first of my wedding photos (which she had done 4 days after the wedding) were awesome. I highly recommend her!
  • msanders09msanders09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Courtney Reece and highly recommend her. She was with us almost 12 hours and we LOVED her personality. She was polite, professional, but fun and personable to everyone. Not to mention she's FAST! We had a first look at our images within days and over 800 proofs viewable in about a week! :) And they were amazng images. She is our photographer for life now. :)
  • casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Courtney Reece and we just got our engagement pictures in and they look awesome. She is wonderful to work with and very fast. Good Luck choosing a photographer.
  • millieandsheamillieandshea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great reviews on Kreich- Higdon, Todd Pellowe, and James Byrd Photography.
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Sara Petty. On a personal level, she saved my wedding! We had completely paid Mr. Ramon Rodriguez to be our photographer when he decided to run off with our money and never return. I had no idea what to do, but Sara swooped in and saved us! She was amazing! My pics turned out beautiful...she took SO many! Her work is amazing and She is so so fun o work with!! She is very personal and laid back which I loved. I felt like she was my friend, not just some person following me around with a camera. She made me laugh when I was getting tired of smiling so my smiles were real. She was fun and laid back and so easy to work with!! I highly recommend her! You can't go wrong with Sara!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards