Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Tuxedos help!

Hey Ladies,
 So I am starting to look at Tuxedos and their prices.  I went to Men's Wearhouse and they said a generic tux (shoes, socks, pants, shirt, tie, vest, and jacket) was going to cost $160!!  Is this average?? Where did you get your tuxedos and how much were they?

Re: Tuxedos help!

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were from there, but I think they were closer to $100.  I bought the ties and pocket squares separately, so those weren't part of the rental, but I think that's only $2 - 5 each, or so.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    SMS1110SMS1110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you use the generic (non-designer) tuxs and how many buttons?
  • Options
    ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the place attached to Bridal Warehouse (Tuxedo Avenue) and they have been so-far-so-good.  We are having 7 tuxes ordered (4 GMs, 2 dads, and 1 FI) and each one is $120, but FI's is free.  They require a $20 deposit ahead of time and our price includes everything (vest, jacket, shoes, the whole nine minus undies).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at Sam Meyer's.  Like the others said, if you rent 5 tuxes, the groom's is free.  We rented 4 for the groomsmen at $109 each (incl tax) and the ring bearer' was $86.  What was cool was that you could pick out whatever tux you wanted for the ring bearer and it just came in a kids size so we were able to match his tux to my husband's tux.  They were standard tuxes and included everything (shoes, cufflinks, shirt, tie, vest, jacket, pants.  I don't remember if they were 2 button or 3 button.  The pocket squares were $5 extra and my husband chose to purchase a cane with his suit (He got an Ecko suit) for $5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards