Kentucky-Louisville

Flea Market

My fiance and I are unexpectedly heading to Louisville this weekend.  I've been wanting to check out the flea market south of the city on 65 for some vintage items and maybe some brooches for a brooch bouquet.  Has anyone been there?  Worth the stop or don't bother?  Any other places you'd suggest I check out?  Thanks!

Re: Flea Market

• annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to Peddler's Malls vs. the flea market.  It might be different, but I went 2 years ago & it wasn't like a "vintage" type of place...it was more like cheap belly button rings & printed t-shirts. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, the flea markets are horrible. Maybe an antique shop?
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll put it this way-- the flea market stands have a lot of merchandise if you're looking for wooden rocking chairs, or camouflage and Confederate flags. But for more vintage, romantic items, you might want to check out our antique malls, or a lot of the consignment shops here have BEAUTIFUL things. Sissy's, Sassy Fox, B-Chic, Urban Kitty, margaret's and Nitty Gritty are some. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  You all are great!  We actually didn't have time to go to any of the consignment shops or the flea market due to the busy weekend.  I'm headed back up there in two weeks though so hopefully I'll be able to hit up some of the places you mentioned then! 
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out It's Serendipity in J-town,they have tons of vintage collectables.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Will do.  My friend lives in J-town so we'll check it out!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards