Kentucky-Louisville

Wedding Planners

My wedding is set for September of 2011 in Louisville, however, I currently live in Chicago and work full time.  My fiancée also works full time and we are too busy to do the day in and day out planning.  So, anyone have any suggestions on a good wedding planner in Louisville?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wedding Planners

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use a planner, so I have no personal recommendations, but I think there are some reviews a few pages back.  You might ask on the Kentucky board too - there are definitely some in Lexington who will travel.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a girl who does it (her husband works for the same company as my fiance).  I can ask her for her contact info if you'd like!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren Chitwood Events does a fabulous job.  I follow her blog and love it and have heard great things about her personally.  For just the Day of Coordination, try Sunny Sky Events.  I've had several friends use her and they all love her.  Her email is SunnySkyEvents@gmail.com. 
  • edited December 2011
    I worked with Vicki Dukes and she was absolutely fabulous! If anything went wrong, I had no clue! Her email is: vickiexcel @insightbb.com and she's very reasonably priced!
  • hanneal88hanneal88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a wedding planner in Nashville, TN but I am from Louisville.  Beth Anne Holden.  She is very reasonable and willing to travel and I would be available to do a lot of stuff in Louisville.  I am also planning my wedding in Louisville and know of a lot of vendors etc. 

her website is
    http://beautifulweddingsbybethanne.com/

Lauren Chitwood is very good as well, but is up there in the pricing as far as planning and coordinating go.
  • edited December 2011

What is the average price for full coordination? I saw a planner in town advertise $2000 while another planner mentioned above STARTS packages at $3000.

I need a planner or I will go insane LOL.

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Sunny Sky Events charges $300 for just her and $150 extra if she needs to add an assistant.  That's for Day Of.  It's $750 for full out planning services.  And Briella, I totally agree with you on going insane if I don't have a planner.  A really good friend of mine is going to do mine.  I'm super organized, so I'll have everything worked out, but I don't want to have to worry about things on the day of.  So that's where she'll do it all.  I can't wait to have her take over!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow it seems like there is a VERY wide price range. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Laughing
  • hanneal88hanneal88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you give me an email address I can send you a price sheet for the planner I work for. All inclusive packages are always going to be more, but you can pick and choose services and that can make it more within a specific budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Pam Broadus at Splendid Events, 502-608-5434. She is WONDERFUL!!! And very resonable.
    KYPHILLY
  • Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone - I also think that getting a wedding planner just for the day of the event seems like a really good idea as I don't want anything to go wrong the day of.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     Weddings By Victoria
    www.weddingbyvictoria.com
    502-931-6883
    I would be happy to talk with you!
    Congratulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards