Kentucky-Louisville

plus-size bridal gowns?

Any suggestions on bridal salons in Louisville, Lexington, or driveable (Indy, Nashville, Cincy, etc)... that have a good selection of plus-sized gowns to try on??  

Re: plus-size bridal gowns?

• RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know several plus-size brides who have gotten their gowns from Rebecca's Boutique in Louisville and were very pleased!

http://www.rebeccasweddings.com/index.html

• edited December 2011
    You might also want to try Bridal Warehouse. I remember them having their dresses on the racks organized by size rather than designer or style. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! It's been a really long time since I was there.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_plus-size-bridal-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:4711dfdd-e5b3-469e-8d66-b2a5375fae41Post:25b5402c-0c3e-4afa-be54-dcf33708edc7">Re: plus-size bridal gowns?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might also want to try Bridal Warehouse. I remember them having their dresses on the racks organized by size rather than designer or style. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! It's been a really long time since I was there.
    Posted by emilykatherine[/QUOTE]

You are correct.  Their service is really hit or miss, though.  I had a horrid experience, and wouldn't go back for anything.  I have two friends who had good experiences.  I'm a size 8 for wedding dresses, I expect one was about a 10 or 12, and the other is about a 2, but is expecting and needed a dress that will be accomodating at 6 or 7 months along.  So, I don't think size has anything to do with their service, necessarily - just the consultant you end up with. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Go to Indy. I am a plus size bride and frankly I wanted something a little more modern than what KY had. It seems that a lot of the boutiques had a selection of plus size gowns but the styles were not as good as the smaller samples. I ended up having my dress made, couture style and I love it.
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are plus sizes at Bridal Warehouse, but if you're looking for the true dress shopping "experience" I would suggest a different dress shop or boutique.

I got my plus sized dress at Bridal and Formal in Cincinnati.  They had a lot to try on.  Everyone there had an appointment, so I had my consultant's full attention and was able to pull dresses to try on myself as well as try on her suggestions.  (I think I ended up going with one of her picks, not mine! :)

There are a lot of bridal shops near Bridal and Formal... it's Cincinnati's "Bridal District"

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bridal and Formal. They actually offered me a great deal. Service was great considering how large of a place that is. Reading OH is actually a great place to go shop. There are several bridal stores within a matter of blocks. Worth the drive!! Makes a great day trip with your friends/fam.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress a week ago at bridal and formal. I think it was best dress shopping experiance I have had.  They had a good selection of dresses to try on around my size (18-24)  and designer labels too. The person helping me was really nice, she took her time and I didn't really feel pressured like have at other places, and I got a good deal! 
        Before I bought my dress I had been to Bridal Warehouse and for me the service was fine but they didnt have as many dresses to try on around my size especially intresting ones. I only like 3 or 4 there.
        Other than that Davids bridal was the second place I had been to and they had a large selection with lots of different styles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards