Kentucky-Louisville

Rehearsal dinner locations

Hi all,

I'm planning my wedding in Louisville from out-of-state and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for rehearsal dinner locations.  I grew up in Louisville, but haven't lived there for over 10 years and the restaurant scene has changed A LOT since I was familiar with it.

We're looking for a private room, with space for about 50 people. Something casual, but still somewhat elegant (nothing too fancy, like Proof).  I've considered Masterson's, but I remember it being a little rundown and I don't remember the food being anything special.  Our event's off of Frankfort Ave, so something near there or St. Matthews would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Re: Rehearsal dinner locations

• edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Limestone.  Don't know if you'd consider it fancy like Proof. Great southern food selection for the out of town guests that want to try something new and different. We had also looked into the Bristol, but their Shelbyville Road location (or I guess technically Hurstbourne) does not have banquet seating. Some of their other locations do.
  • jennaevansjennaevans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion. Limestone's menu looks amazing!

Bristol's doing our reception (they came with the venue). Otherwise, I'd consider their Bardstown Road location.
  • edited December 2011
    The Bristol's downtown has room for that and would probably fit your bill pretty easily!
  • edited December 2011
    How about Captain's Quarters?  Or Buckhead (in Jeff)?
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Captain's Quarters.  They have several room or patiop options for private parties and have great prices.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • edited December 2011
    You should try Rocky's on the river in Jeffersonville, IN or the Old Spaghetti Factory located in Downtown Louisville!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not entirely sure about banquet seating, but restaurants we love that I'd recommend in a heartbeat:

Avalon
    Equus (has a banquet room, and it's awesome food, but pricey)
    Bourbon's Bistro
    Napa River Grill
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards