Kentucky-Louisville

When do leaves change?

So we are trying to plan when to take our e-pics and would like to do them around the peak time for fall leaves. We took a trip to Bernheim two years ago on the weekend when everything was at it's brightest. That was around November 2. Does anyone know if the first week of November is usually the time when everything changes or if you've noticed it vary from year to year? I don't remember last year, so 2008 is all we have to go on. Our photographer is coming from out of town, so we have to plan a bit ahead.

Re: When do leaves change?

• edited December 2011
    The middle of October is usually pretty safe I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few friends and I went to the Gorge last year on the first weekend of November, and most of the leaves had already fallen. :-( Usually, around the 15th of October is when the leaves in Cherokee Park are super bright and colorful. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I looked at some more pictures and found that the leaves were turning around October 24 in Brown County Indiana. It's a little bit farther north, but I'm not sure how much that really makes a difference. I'm hoping we can get him to come here one of those last two weeks in October. We've been scouting out places in Cherokee. :)
  • alheckeralhecker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep I lived in Southern Indiana...and middle of October is your best bet...depending on weather of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards