Kentucky-Louisville

Barn Wedding/Tight Budget

Hey Everyone!
I'm really trying to find a barn to have my wedding ceremony in the Lexington, KY area. I have a tight budget and do not live in the area so I don't know where to begin. I'm really looking for a space that has restrooms so I don't have to worry about how to make porta-potties seem attractive. I came across the Cardome Black Barn in Georgetown but haven't heard back from them yet about their rates. If anyone has any idea, I would greatly appreciate the help! The venue would need to hold at max. around 150 people.
Thanks!

Re: Barn Wedding/Tight Budget

• edited December 2011
    What is your ideal budget for this? and are set on a certain day of the week?  A lot of places change their prices for different days.
        You could check out the winerys. I DEFINATLY WOULDN'T GO WITH TALON WINERY. THEY TOTALLY SCREWED US OVER!    I don't really know of any other specific places with barns though.  You could try google.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissyDoll12MissyDoll12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was Talon Winery.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help, I think I'm going to end up going with the Cardome Barn. They have great prices and austinandstella you were right, they have a cheaper rate on a Friday night. And also they also give you the day before if it isn't rented out to set up or used for rehearsal dinners. Any caterers and bakers for cakes you all would recommend in the area? The max. amount of people I'm planning on having 150 people and really want to keep the catering under $8 a person if possible.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really know of many caterers I still need to be looking for one, but I know if you google caterers in lexington you will get a lot of results including the bigger companies, the smaller companies, and local restaurants.  It takes a while to go through them , but it might be helpful for you.
         There are a also a lot of bakers to find that way as well. I assume you want an actual cake, but I am using babycakes cupcakes in lexington. I have already done a tasting. They have lots of flavors and the lady that owns it is super nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kate22caKate22ca member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind my asking, how much is the cardone barn on a Friday evening?
  • edited December 2011
    It is a really good rate, I believe it came out to around $525. 
  • i am trying to find a place to have a reception near louisville and want to try to find a nice barn to have it in any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards