Kentucky-Louisville

Bachelorette Party ideas

Hi,

My MOH is planning the bachelorette party and has asked me what I want to do.  This is hard because I don't really go out much so I don't really know what I want to do.  She had talked about going to the Improv and then Tengo Sed Cantina on 4th Street, but I don't know if I would like that, I'm not a big club person and I don't dance.  Personally I would like to go have a nice dinner, drink a little at a bar or two and then the entire party retire to a condo or suite to spend the rest of the evening with our own alcohol and just hanging out.  I can't find a downtown condo or suite that we can afford (less than $150) or that will allow up to 15 people to hang out there.  Has anyone done this before?  Or know of any place that will allow a larger group of people to hang out?

Re: Bachelorette Party ideas

• jessicarheajessicarhea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would suguest to contal sulleys at 4th street and you can host a party so you friends get in free 9-11 and you get 2 $ drink deals! so maybe dinner befor and then cab or walk to hotel
  • edited December 2011
    Makers Mark on 4th street is laid back and you can reserve a spot.  Also the 21c hotel is really cool and has a bar, but I'm not sure of the price.
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    21c is super pricey if you're a mixed drink person. The beer is comparable to other places, but the drinks are crazy expensive.

I know some bars have back rooms that you could probably arrange to get that would give you some privacy and would be more chill than dancing. I went to a YPAL meeting at Molly Malone's on Bardstown once where we had a private room to hang out in. It was nice.

One idea we might do for my friend this October is a "Girls Wine Getaway" at Huber Winery. For $25 person, you start off the tasting with a bellini and then get around 8 tastings from their wine selection. You also get a cheese tray and appetizers. They also have a watered down version of that for around $15/person. The info is on their website. That might be nice to do during the day.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For mine, we're going to do gifts and games at a friend's house.  Then, we'll head downtown for dinner at The Pub and go to Howl At the Moon to close out the night.  I requested HATM because I love it and it's loads of fun.  If you've never been, it's a deuling piano bar, so there's no dancing (which I stink at) and is awesome.  I highly recommend it!
  • seseidelseseidel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do 4th street and just rent a room at a hotel and have everyone go there.  THey won't know how many people are in there unless you create a reason for them to come look. 
  • edited December 2011
    For my sister's wedding we got rooms at fairfield inn and suites/springhill suites downtown--  there are 2 queens then a little livingroom area with a pull out couchbed.  We had the party in there with about 13 people and 7 of us slept in the room snugly/drunkly lol. 

We were able to walk to 4th street from there which was super fun and convenient.  The hotel allowed us also to bring in our own "entertainment" haha.  I noticed there were many bachelorette parties there.  they also have a mini fridge in each room

I booked the room on expedia and i believe it was like 120$, very reasonable.  At first I got 2 rooms to accomodate everyone, then some people flaked on spending the night and the hotel allowed me to cancel the other room day of, which was nice.

PPs have rec'd howl at the moon and they are right, they brought my sis on stage and played songs for my mom, it was a lot of fun--and no pressure for everyone to dance and drink like other places if you plan on bringing older people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards