Kentucky-Louisville

DJ recommendations

Hey ladies I was wondering if anyone had and recommendations for a DJ in the area?

My Mom is trying to save money (which I have no issue with) by have a guy she works with do the DJ part and use rent the equipment. Well that then leaves me, my FI and my brother (who offered to help) to get all the music together. I am not loving this idea at all!!

So if you all know of anyone that is good but won't cost a whole lot of money please let me know.

TIA!

imageAnniversary

Re: DJ recommendations

• edited December 2011
    I will be having Adkins Island DJs do my wedding this Saturday.  So far, they been a breeze to work with.  When I email them, Brandon gets back to me very quickly.  He's been able to answer all of my questions and even found some of the songs we requested but that he didn't have.  I'll post an update after my wedding to let you know how he does there.  Judging by how he has been to work with so far, I totally recommend him!

www.adkinsisland.com
    adkinsisland@yahoo.com
  • MegsamillionMegsamillion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
         You have to check out Odyssey Mobile Entertainment. They are absolutely fantastic and you get everything for under $1000. Dave will run your entire reception. Check out their reviews here on the Knot. Your entertainment is the biggest thing that can make or break your reception. Definitely hire a professional.Kiss

www.odysseymobileentertainment.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We also used Oddyssey Mobile Entertainment.  Initially we weren't going to use a DJ but when we started looking into all of the details required to handle the music and intros for the party we decided to look into one.  We found Dave at a Bridal show when we were drawn by his display of music videos. We immediately liked his personality. My husband calls it "good mojo". Dave was a pleasure to work with and made wonderful suggestions for key moment songs and was very accomodating for our specific song selections of lesser known artist. It was wonderful to be able to let go and have a good time at the reception knowing that Dave had it all under control. He kept the dance floor hopping and ushered our guests to the buffet perfectly! I truely didn't have to worry about a single thing. From our introduction, cake cutting, dinner, first dance to last call, Dave had the party in the palm of his hand. Our guests loved his music vidoes too! I highly recommend Odyssey Mobile Entertainment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards