Kentucky-Louisville

Hair stylist recommendations?

Does anyone know of a really great stylist for wedding-day hair?  I am having a hard time finding one. I am picky and don't mind paying a little more for someone who is really good...
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair stylist recommendations?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My regular stylist did my hair (and the rest of the BMs and my mom) for the wedding.  Angela from Bravada Salon (it's on Hurstbourne, just a bit north of I-64).  She's the only person in Louisville I ever went to for hair.  I love her - she's SUPER sweet. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oohh thanks!!
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my hair trial with Theresa at Friends Salon in Middletown and she was fabulous.  I described a few things to her and she came up with a great hairstyle that held for not 1, but 2 days (and that included my shower and bachelorette party).  Their phone number is (502) 254-7112.  Penny (another stylist there) is going to do some of my BMs, FMIL, and MOB hair because theirs is shorter and she specializes in more of a blowout, not an updo.  It is relatively inexpensive (about $45 for an updo and $20 for a blowout) so we're able to afford for everyone in the BP and parents to get their hair done. 
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ZachandMere - thanks for the info!  Was it $45 for yours too?  A lot of people charge more for the bride, which I find a little absurd...

Squirrly - do you remember about how much Angela charged you and your bridal party?
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup it was!  I was so shocked because, it's like you say, they hear the word "bride" or "wedding" and it's twice as much.  Theresa and Penny have cut my family's hair for 20years (I have three sisters) and I wouldn't recommend them here without trying it myself multiple times first!
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks!!
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Theresa at Friends, too.
    edited December 2011
    FKS, she traveled to Georgetown for us, no extra charge, and it was $50 each.  I did a trial with her a few weeks before, and I think that was $30.  I tipped her pretty well, given the travel and all that.  Everybody was happy with their hair, and it was definitely less expensive than some of the standard "wedding hair" people I've seen recommended before.  A lot of places/stylists charge $150 for the bride.  Eeeek!

We used the hospitality suite for getting ready that morning - she and Hope worked side by side.  It was great.  We had some snacks and mimosas.  I've got a schedule I worked out for all of us (5 people getting ready) if you decide to do something similar and need/want that. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really helpful, thanks squirrly!  If you have a schedule you can email me that would be AWESOME!  fkswedding at gmail dot com :)
    edited December 2011
    NP.  It'll be a few days - we're traveling for the holidays and I'm not sure if it's on the laptop I brought or just my desktop, but I'll send it your way as soon as I can.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries, whenever you get a chance would be great :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for another reccomendation I would suggest the lovely ladies at Lebliss salon.  I have had them do my hair for several weddings I have been in!
  • kaylaroark1kaylaroark1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tietheknothair.com covers Kentucky travels on site
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards