Kentucky-Louisville
Options

After months of planning for a wedding in late May, I found out today that my cancer has returned an

Please ladies, if anyone has any tips, hints or ideas I'd love to hear them.  I'm beyond bummed out.  This seems like the worst possible situation.  Thanks

Re: After months of planning for a wedding in late May, I found out today that my cancer has returned an

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your situation. How much have you been able to get done so far?

My advice to you would be to focus on the most important things and try not to worry about the rest. The most important thing is that at the end of the day, you will be married. Some bridal stores such as David's Bridal and Bridal Warehouse might let you buy a dress right off the rack if you still want an official wedding dress. I've also seen women have beautiful white dresses that aren't "Wedding" dresses.

Do you want to get married in a church? I would consider picking a day other than Saturday since most venues in the area will have been booked up for months. You will probably have much better luck reserving something if it's on a Friday or a week day. If you're having a small wedding, you could just rent out a room for your reception. My friend had her reception at Captains Quarters.

As far as flowers go, I think you could go to any floral shop and pick up a individual flowers to make your own bouquet. Craft stores also sell pre-made artificial flower bouquets.

I will post more ideas when I think of them.
  • Options
    nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry and prayers to you!

If you have to do it in 2-3 weeks, it will fall around Valentine's Day and flowers will be sky high!  If you decide to do this before VD, go to a smaller florist and tell them your story and they will probably not price gouge you!!

Good luck!
  • Options
    kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP. Maybe you could contact a florist and explain your situation, and see if they'd be willing to donate/sell at a steep discout their leftover floral arrangements after Valentine's. Also, there's a free bridal show at the Frazier Museum on the first Sunday in February (I think). If you go and explain your situation to some of the vendors, I'd bet they're not booked up and would help you out.

Good luck; I hope things work out for you...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, those are good ideas.  I appreciate your help =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards