Kentucky-Louisville

Louisville, KY Catering Recommendations?

My fiance is from WV and I am from IL so we are having our wedding in Louisville, KY because it is somewhat centralized for our families.  Not being from Louisville, we are unfamiliar with the local vendors.  Do you have any catering recommendations?  We would prefer a caterer that provides linens, plates, silverware, glasses, etc.  We are also on a pretty strict budget.  Merrill at Whitehall (where our wedding will be) recommended Masterson's . . .

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!! Smile

Re: Louisville, KY Catering Recommendations?

• From the research I did I found mastersons to be one of the best deals. But we actually went with Mark Feeds store it's a local BBQ place. We are trying to stay under 10,000 and choosing them we are able to feed 90 people good food for under 1500 dollars! Although they don't do linens.
  • Thank you so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_louisville-ky-catering-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:8561b068-6cdc-4fba-bd74-f613f895fb27Post:7c52b662-c7c9-468f-8d85-3a90a196e508">Re: Louisville, KY Catering Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]From the research I did I found mastersons to be one of the best deals. But we actually went with Mark Feeds store it's a local BBQ place. We are trying to stay under 10,000 and choosing them we are able to feed 90 people good food for under 1500 dollars! Although they don't do linens.
    Posted by jenner105[/QUOTE]
  • You also need to check with Whitehall, I think they have a list of 'approved' caterers and you have to choose one of those. I recommend Taste of Louisville, they are super flexible in pricing and customizing everything for what you need. Also their food is AMAZING, it was founded by and run by guys that used to be chefs in some of the best local restuarants :) Good Luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • caycef1201caycef1201 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_louisville-ky-catering-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:8561b068-6cdc-4fba-bd74-f613f895fb27Post:d99e8993-8edc-4ec4-b512-610fd98967ad">Louisville, KY Catering Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance is from WV and I am from IL so we are having our wedding in Louisville, KY because it is somewhat centralized for our families.  Not being from Louisville, we are unfamiliar with the local vendors.  Do you have any catering recommendations?  We would prefer a caterer that provides linens, plates, silverware, glasses, etc.  We are also on a pretty strict budget.  Merrill at Whitehall (where our wedding will be) recommended Masterson's . . . Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!
    Posted by apaben[/QUOTE]

I used Masterson's for my December 2012 wedding and they were excellent. They did include everything and I found that it was the best deal. It looks expensive at first, but I started adding up other catering company's food and then other vendor's linens, plates, etc and it turned out to be way more than Masterson's prices. The food was excellent and they really work with your budget. The service staff the day of the wedding was so nice and helpful...I didn't have to do (or worry!) a thing! And as a former banquet manager, this was the one aspect of our wedding day that I was really concerned with. People are still talking, almost 2 months later, about how great our food was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards