Kentucky-Louisville

Bridal Warehouse

I am from Northern KY and Bridal Warehouse in Louisville is the closest store that carries the designer (Alllure Couture) and the style of wedding dress that I want. I have an appt. there for later in October and I was just wondering if any local girls who've been there could let me know what it's like?  The lady I talked to on the phone seemed really sweet and helpful so I'm hoping it will be a good experience! I'm pretty much deadset on the dress I want but I may try on a few others just to be sure.  if anyone has gone here and could give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it!

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"

Re: Bridal Warehouse

• edited December 2011
    I had an appointment at Bridal Warehouse a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed in the service. First of all I took in pictures of dresses I liked from their website, out of ten dresses they only had one in the store. The girl who was "helping" us could not have been less interested.  She did not ask me a single thing about the wedding or what I was looking for in a gown, when I tried to tell her what I was looking for she walked away. I asked for some heels to try on with the dress and she told me I didn't need them. At the end of the appointment she just handed me a card and walked away. She didn't even try to sell me a dress. I didn't feel like I got a bridal experience at all, it was just like shopping for a prom dress or something. Although there was a dress that I loved (it was an Allure gown btw, they are beautiful) I would not buy from them.
  • kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my experience with them was pretty similar. I ended up getting my dresses elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend them either.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also didn't enjoy my shopping experience there, but two former co-workers did, and bought dresses there, so it's really a matter of what consulant you get, and personal preference, I think.  I've seen more negative posts about them on here than positive, though. 

It's just not a personal experience.  If's the Wal-mart of wedding dresses, and the consultants are almost as helpful as the checkers at my local wal-mart, too.  It's certainly a great place to look for less expensive dresses, but it's very impersonal.

Also - there was a man in the fitting area, which I found very uncomfortable.  Their signage says that's prohibited, but they refused to do anything about it. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    well, i just had an appointment there. The consultant did not help me pick anything out, she didnt even ask me what i was looking for. i happened to pick the allure couture dress that is in all the magazines, i asked if it had been a popular dress bc i want something different that no one would have, she said no that no one she knows had bought it. i decided to wait on it and im glad i did because i went to their website and it was one of the dresses listed on their "best seller" page. i was disappointed so i ended up not getting it.
  • edited December 2011
    WOw, I'm sorry to hear that so many people have had bad experiences with them! I guess I will just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best. Maybe I won't order my dress from them after all, I'll just use my appointment to make sure that that is in fact the dress that I want...and then get the heck out of there and go by it somewhere else! Undecided

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
  • almmtw2011almmtw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an appointment there and me and my MOH also went to look at bridesmaids dresses...just like most of the other, not a very good experience, they didnt really care, mine kept disappearing when i needed help, my mom should have gotten paid for my appointment. BUT, i live about 30 minutes from etown and they have a bridal warehouse (i dont know if its possible for you) but GREAT service,  they were awesome, so helpful and when i found THE DRESS, all of the girls working came out and congratulated me! I also went there for bridesmaid dress, again WONDERFUL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Wearhouse and had a great time.  My consultant was Joanne and she was fantastic.  I went there the first time to try on dresses, so all my aunts and bridesmaids wanted to come, plus my mom.  So we were a loud and crazy group and they were extremely helpful and friendly.

I didn't buy a dress there, but I found a lot I liked and they have a variety of prices. 
  • edited December 2011
    Megan- the website for Allure Couture says that their collection is at European Bridal on Benson Street in the Reading Bridal District in Cinci!? Here's the link:
    http://www.europeanbridal.com/

I'd give em a call before you went just to be sure but really, I'd trying going somewhere, anywhere, but Bridal Warehouse. The place is a dump and they couldn't care less about who you are or what you're looking for. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • pink starspink stars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kinda late on this thread - but the BW in Etown is WAYYYYYY better. Way way better.
    Kelley & Daniel | 10.23.2010
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    E-town bridal warehouse is great. I went today and found the dress :) its beautiful and I got a great deal. The staff was friendly as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards