Kentucky-Louisville

Wedding Cake on Buffet Table?

At the place I'm having my ceremony/reception, previous brides usually put their wedding cakes on the same table as the buffet style food. (Which is a very large dining room table) I on the other hand, don't particularly care for this idea. For one, I have a 4 tier wedding cake and a 2 tier grooms cake. I think with the amount of food we'll have, that would be too much on one table. Then, there is the possible catastrophe of them being knocked over or someone digging into them with their fingers. (ew!) There is an extra table I could use, away from guests, to put our cakes on. Should I stick with this idea, or keep the cakes on the table where previous brides have?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Cake on Buffet Table?

• annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do what you want & what you imagine!!!
    I think it's cute to have a separate table w/ the wedding cake & desserts.
    It also kind of "highlights" your cake I think.

Best Wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    Ultimately, I agree with PP.  Do what you want!  I would only question why most of the other people put their cake on the buffet table?  Maybe there is some reason as to why putting the cake on another table doesn't work?
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would put them on a separate table if you can. While people will want to look at your cakes, the buffet table is a high traffic area and there is more room for a mishap IMO. If they're on a separate table, people will be able to walk up and look at the cakes, and then walk away. Less walking BY the cakes, if you know what I mean.

But I agree with amanda, I would look into seeing if there is a reason why other brides have put them on the same table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards