Kentucky-Louisville

church for wedding

ok guys need some help I am olooking for an in expensive church to have my wedding in anybody know of a great c

Anniversary

Re: church for wedding

• jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Duncan Memorial Chapel in Crestwood.
  • edited December 2011
    how far is that from louisville,ky
    Anniversary
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5miles from the Gene Snyder.
  • annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you done any research? Gingerwoods is very cute. Not really a church, but it looks like one.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you currently belong to a church? Are you looking for a certain denomination?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tmc0413tmc0413 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cathedral of Assumption is grand but I have no idea how they are on pricing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No I dont currently belong to a churchmoved here from chicago and im not looking for a certain denomination
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I ask because many churches won't marry non-members or non-religious people because churches are not event halls or "props." If religion is important to you, I'd join a church and get married there. If not, I'd find an event hall with a church-y look. Gingerwoods comes to mind. It used to be a church but is now an event hall. That's where we are getting married. It's very pretty.

But I figured I'd give you a heads up that it may come across offensive to church members if they assume you are looking for a backdrop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so muh and i def understand that but yeah i am christian so i am looking for a christian church home as well I have visited a couple of churhes to find my churh home but i am def gonna look into gingerwoods thank you
    Anniversary
  • We used St. James Episcopal church.  We are not Episcopalian but they allow non-members to marry there for a fee.  I think we paid about $600 for the church and decided to use their fellowship hall for our reception and paid an additional $600 for that.  It was a beautiful location for our wedding.  Check it out.  St. James Episcopal church in Pewee Valley right on highway 146.
  • In case you haven't picked a church yet, we're going with Central Presbyterian Church in Old Louisville.  Their fee was $850 (with a security deposit extra), but they're wonderful to work with, and the church itself is beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards