Kentucky-Louisville

Rehearsal Dinner

Stuck on picking a rehearsal dinner spot...

We're going to have about 20 people.  Our budget is about $40 per plate.  My fiance would prefer a steak place, but the ones that come to mind (Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc) are out of our budget by about $10-20 a plate.  We'll be downtown, but we're not opposed to a drive. 

We want nice, but definitely a place that's a little more traditional- it drives my fiance crazy when you try to read the menu and have no idea what half the stuff is. 

Suggestions?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:cc226b70-dae7-46ba-9791-8c67ffa249a5Post:523ffd69-08f3-4a07-97d2-599bb6043901">Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stuck on picking a rehearsal dinner spot... We're going to have about 20 people.  Our budget is about $40 per plate.  My fiance would prefer a steak place, but the ones that come to mind (Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc) are out of our budget by about $10-20 a plate.  We'll be downtown, but we're not opposed to a drive.  We want nice, but definitely a place that's a little more traditional- it drives my fiance crazy when you try to read the menu and have no idea what half the stuff is.  Suggestions?
    Posted by rslilly1[/QUOTE]

We had our rehearsal dinner at Pat's Steakhouse. It's just a hop, skip, and jump away from downtown. It was FANTASTIC! My husband's mom did most of the research so I'm not sure of exact prices, but I believe it was around $40 a plate. We had 48 people at ours and everything ran so smoothly and the lady that we worked with (Pat's sister) was phenomenal. She made everything so nice and so easy for us! The food was great, as well. We had passed appetizers before the meal, and then we had a chicken, steak, and fish that each guest could choose from, a choice of potato, and with family style sides (like green beans, lima beans, cauliflower, etc.) and rolls. We had a choice of dessert as well. The service was amazing as well. I can't say enough great things about them! Definitely look in to it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards